I got started in reloading in the early 70's when a co-worker was selling all his equipment due to divorce. I bought his entire set-up which was mostly RCBS for a song. Back then .308 ammo was $5.00 a box and powder was $7.00 a pound. I have done a lot of relaoding in the years since the 70's, upgraded from a RCBS Junior to a Rockchucker. I had a Bonanza press for a while, when Ponsness Warren unveiled their metallic presses at the SHOT show I decided I wanted a PW. It took a few years till I lucked onto a deal to purchase both the PW presses in a package deal, have used PW presses exclusively since then. I was loading handgun ammmo in 500 round lots and got tired of doing it on a manual press. So I found a design for a motorized press and I built it, I use it primarily to size and de-prime and do the other ops on the PW.
I have also designed and built several versions of pistol powder measures. Being a Toolmaker, I like to apply the thought process to take some of the effort out of the repetitive steps of the reloading process. Reloading has become a hobby for me, not just a way to cut cost of ammo and fine tune loads for your guns.