Living later on in the brooks range here I had a 760 .30-06 that was a shooter with them 220 grn round nose. Action began to get abit sloppy and problematic years later so I began to carry more often and shot what limited boxes of shells for my Finnbear .338 my father gave to for my 16th birthday back in 72'. Flying in to Fairbanks for just a couple of boxes of 210 Partitions was spendy to say the least. Christmas coming on my young wife asked me what I wanted.........without beating around the bush I told her that Forester Bonanza dbl ram single stage press.
Had no clue how to reload although it shined come Christmas day I took it out into my cache and left it there. Come spring I rummage thru my cache and took a look at it and noted abit of rusting on one of the rams. Pissed me off pretty bad and built my first reloading table that day. Rubbing that rust off became an affair that has lasted to this day.
Nothing was cheap or economical as this passion has allowed a door that opened and can't be shut to this day. I can honestly say that factory fodder does not go down the tubes of themany rifles and handguns I now own.
I could have saved many thousands of dollars by not getting that press years ago but I would have missed out on one of the greatest joys of shooting and reloading and harvesting proudly the many animals I have taken because of Sako rifle.