Chipolopolo - I do truly love hunting mule deer by the way...

All of them that I've hunted & killed ended up in my freezer. Some ended up on the wall. A few never even got a photo, but they did go in the freezer. Never felt a need to hang them all on the wall.

I do understand the value of a trophy. Have a couple of bear rugs, a good elk rack, a few mulie skull/euro mounts, and what not around. By no means though do all of my kills end up as a taxidermy mount.

It's the experience of the hunt I'm after. I do enjoy the meat, and I enjoy having a few "trophies" around. There's a bear skull nearby, on the bookshelf. The big elk antlers are on the wall near where I'm banging away on this silly computer..

Some of my best/favorite "trophies" though are photos of hunts with family and friends. Not the antlers on the wall, or the rug draped over the back of the couch. Those are cool, but not required for me to feel I've fully participated in the hunt.

Venison... Now that's good stuff!

Apparently opinions do vary... And that's fine. Well done taxidermy is pretty impressive. It's just not necessary for me.

Regards, Guy