I never expected this thread to go this long or become so contentious.

This is my experience. I have made multiple trips to Africa (Tanzania, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe). Every head of plains game I have shot is mounted. Most are shoulder mounts, one full body mount, a couple of skull mounts. Of the 9 buffalo I have hunted, two are shoulder mounted, a couple are skull mounted in the states, I have loaned one shoulder mount to the local gun store, and a couple more reside in camps in Africa. Of course my leopard is in a full body mount.

In all my other hunting my taxidermy work has been limited. Bear rug, nilgai skull mounts, a couple of ducks, one alligator tanned, a pig, like I said very limited.

I hunt for my own reasons. It is very personal to me and matters not if I am in Louisiana or Africa. Hunting is in my DNA, it is part of my heritage. I know for certain I am a fourth generation alligator hunter in Louisiana. In my last three trips to Africa I have not shot a single head of plains game, only elephant, buffalo, and leopard. I even used buffalo to bait for the leopard. One reason I have not shot any more plains game is because I did not want to mount them. I have shot tuskless elephant and non-trophy buffalo in those trips and did not mount them. There are still some plains game I want to take and each will be sent to the taxidermy shop.

This is my opinion. Hunt for whatever reason you want. If you do not want to have your animals mounted, that is your business. My ethics are not the same as your ethics. While I do not agree with everything Chipolopolo writes, I do understand his way of thinking. And while some of his language at times is a little strong he is a good guy and has helped me with some non-hunting interests. It somewhat amuses me to see guys that have been to Africa maybe once belittle and take pot shots at a hunter that has made at least 20 African safaris. I know whose OPINION I value more.

And BTW, I am doing a skull mount on the nilgai from the above post.