I have a little first hand experience with this. I'm not proud of it,but I broke the number 1 rule of safe shooting practices.

Boiled down,I had 2 types of ammo on the bench at the same time. 280 Remington and 7 Rem Mag. I was shooting my T3 7 mag. I had left a box of 280 Remington open on the bench alongside the box of 7 mag. I had been shooting the 280 just mins before. Well,I reach over and pick a 280 out of it's box and chamber it in the 7 Remmy,and pulled the loud lever. I want to tell you I was very lucky to be wearing glasses. I put a 1" long longitudinal split in the 280 case. I got fragments above and below my right eye. HURT like [bleep] too. I can also tell you gas will follow the feed ramp,just like a GLOCKand blow the mag. Not the whole mag.Just the bottom out of it in 2 pieces. $70 mag ruined. The chamber is fine. My dignity is bruised,along with my ego and face. I took the bolt apart when I got home and all was well within. Just a little sooty.

So,there you have it. Fresh from the trenches first hand experience. DON"T KEEP MORE THAN 1 TYPE OF AMMO ON THE BENCH! Especially when they look exactly alike sitting there bullets up and both loaded with 150gr Ballistic tips.

Last edited by Otter6; 04/10/15.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."