Originally Posted by GuyM
Thanks for all the input guys.

I hunt mostly with a .25-06, or often with the .30-06, have a pair of Rem 700's. They've served me just fine and I've been handloading for a long time.

Why he's so enthusiastic about the .280 AI in particular eludes me, but he is, and it's his money.

I thought I'd explore the issue a little farther here and on the Nosler forum, in case there was something I'd missed. Strongly suspect that he'll have a very nice .280 AI on his hands soon... Despite my urging him towards the .270 or .30-06 instead.

Regards, Guy

Just to be very clear, my comments above were in response to S-99 ONLY, I just get a bit tired of his inane BS about places, situations which he has no experience of.

The issue about forgetting ammo, is, IMO, rather overdone and IF one does this, the chances of finding the same load which you sighted with is pretty slim.

In decades of packing all my gear-supplies for extended solo stints working in wilderness here in BC, I learned HOW to do so in a manner that precluded "forgetting" stuff I would need.

So, for North American hunting, at least, I consider the ammo issue pretty minor.

BTW, I LOVE the .270Win. but, the comments about effective uses and recoil by S-99 are just BS, there is NO real difference.

Hope that clarifies things, no offence meant.