No, Bob, I actually put a lot of careful, esperienced thot into the decision to spend that coin at my age on the system I built based on the Kimber MA.

I had purchased a second Dakota 76-.338WM last summer and love it for most walking hunts as it is very light, Magnaported and really nice to shoot, even with my 250NP buster loads....but, I am now pretty gimped and still long for the mountains of my youth in the Kootenays.

Soooo, after several very experienced guys here, *sheepists* and other such rather weird types, kept telling me how well their MA-.280AIs performed, I thot, WTF, one more rifle......you know how THAT goes..... smile

I am starting to sell most of my guns, not easy here in Canada, where relatively few will spend the $$$$ to buy P-64 Alaskans, etc. and seem to consider a Tikka T3 the ultimate hunting rifle -blech-, but, if this Kimber works as I suspect it will, I am going to buy an exact mate to it and then use my Dakota .338s and the Kimbers for all my hunting, except coastal Blacktail Deer, for which I have two fine custom pieces in .308Win. and 7-08Rem.

I have even considered modding the MA with adding a STS floorplate from a Stainless Select, Kimber told us they would ship just that bottom metal and STS Ruger front sight plus a Redfield *Ace in the Hole* on a spare black Talley rear base.

This, would be a less than 7 lbs, all up, superb *mountain rifle* and in one of the VERY few *wildcat* rounds I have ever thot worthwhile.

I spend a lot of time and considerable coin refining my gear as it helps me to do at least some of what I have done for so many years, lighter really helps at this stage of life.