Most of the serious, active, experienced hunters-gun nuts and wilderness workers I know and have known in my 50+ years of both hunting and bush work are handloaders.

These folks sight their rifles with specific handloads as my 30+ big game rifles are and should one *forget* his ammo, it would not be much help to go to some store in Hudsons Hope or Wardner, BC to find more, inevitably factory stuff that would not shoot to his sights without a protracted sightin that is, in most cases, not available.

So, all in all, the issue of forgetful hunters in most western Canadian venues is more myth than reality. I keep my ammo IN my rifle cases and have NEVER forgotten it in five decades.

Those who change rifles almost as often as gonch might, but, this is more inexperience and lack of proper planning-packing than anything concerning cartridge choice.

Whatever, I will take my .280AI and light, custom, CRF .308Norma, to places in BC where I have taken my .270s and .338WMs and not lose sleep over ammo as I pack carefully.