Originally Posted by cal74
Originally Posted by tedthorn
If he wants a .280AI he should get one but.......

With 150's it will do nothing that a 30-06 with a 150 will do out to 300 yards for a heck of a lot cheaper per shot for the non handloader

How many people on this forum only have one rifle in one caliber, NOT very many.

In the real world the 7mm Super Magnums won't do much that the 7mm Rem magnum does. Does that 7mm magnum really do anything that 99% of the time a 280ai can do? Does that 280ai do anything that a plain jane 280 will do? Damn, does that 7x57 do anything much better than a 7mm-08 will do in 99.9% of real world conditions?

Well [bleep], if we follow that logic than why not just get a .308. That'll do 99.99% of what the 7mm-08 does? Why the hell did anyone ever even bother making a different caliber/cartridge.

Go buy a .280ai because you can, not because it makes a whole lotta sense.

I suppose I'm different......these days it's spent on out of state and Africa hunting vs new rifles that do nothing different that my old rusty one

I tend to think how and why I spend my money as I get older....that being said a rifle tends to hold value if it is of quality build

Some tend to do just because

It takes all kinds....some buy rifles and shoot some just buy and pet others hunt

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper