Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I would quickly re-asses my thoughts concerning my standing with the public, especially the criminal types. I would realize that less and less people of all types are losing their respect and fear for me and are becoming less willing to do as I say when I yell at them to "git on the graound" or sit down on the curb or willingly allow me to search their car knowing that I will do my best to wreck the interior. And that wherever I may be, there are several video cameras pointing at me from several angels so if I start punching and beating on someone I will be reported.

A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job. The way he conducted himself is bad enough but for other cops to hold up for guys that act in that manner is completely ridiculous. That adds more to the "us against them" attitude.

And I would try at all times to be on high alert and never let my guard down. It is very sad that the two that were assassinated in NYC were so quickly and easily taken out of the picture by one demented person.

No, I'm not a cop and never have been. I have some very good friends that are police of some kind that I have a lot of respect for and also know a few that are as sorry an excuse for a lawman as anybody could be.

Ya'll be careful out there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I worked as an LEO for 5 years....until I started my aviation business and enjoyed the service but not the politics involved!! IMO today the upper echelon of police agencies doing the vetting....need to be vetted!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
No, I'm not a cop and never have been.

Wow...who'd a guessed? Thanks for the advice.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job.

To be more accurate, the old man wasn't black. He was a Meskin.

Cop isn't fired yet. The Texas Rangers are investigating. The outcome of his disposition as LEO is still pending.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Guess that means you will never offer advice to a civilian then huh?

Montana MOFO
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio

You have the right to remain silent.

good advice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Only if I know something about their needs. If you need to know something about fishing or cooking...I'm your man. Oh...and about being a cop, of course.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The end game is not for the citizens to lose respect for the LEO's the end game is for the LEO's to lose all respect for the citizens.

If they can accomplish that anything will fly, gun confiscation included. Once we lose their respect the relationship is broken and the police will become a tool of the state to be used against the public.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Last time I checked, we get paid by tax payers, and not through the people you guys put in Washington. Respect is a two way street. Some earn it, some don't.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Lol...those haven't or can't always know a better way....

Dink

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was brought up to have respect for people until they show you they don't deserve it. I don't care if it is a guy behind the counter at McDonald's, a Minister or a Senator. I'm pretty far down the road and it has worked well so far.

Harry
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by DINK

Lol...those haven't or can't always know a better way....

Dink

There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....which is why there have been an increasing amount of trouble between them and the public.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mathsr
I was brought up to have respect for people until they show you they don't deserve it. I don't care if it is a guy behind the counter at McDonald's, a Minister or a Senator. I'm pretty far down the road and it has worked well so far.

Well sure. Only a miserble person would do otherwise. Of course, the world is full of miserable people who love company.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Harry M

There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....which is why there have been an increasing amount of trouble between them and the public.

More words of wisdom from The Office.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I have more.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would quickly re-asses my thoughts concerning my standing with the public, especially the criminal types. I would realize that less and less people of all types are losing their respect and fear for me and are becoming less willing to do as I say when I yell at them to "git on the graound" or sit down on the curb or willingly allow me to search their car knowing that I will do my best to wreck the interior. And that wherever I may be, there are several video cameras pointing at me from several angels so if I start punching and beating on someone I will be reported.

A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job. The way he conducted himself is bad enough but for other cops to hold up for guys that act in that manner is completely ridiculous. That adds more to the "us against them" attitude.

And I would try at all times to be on high alert and never let my guard down. It is very sad that the two that were assassinated in NYC were so quickly and easily taken out of the picture by one demented person.

No, I'm not a cop and never have been. I have some very good friends that are police of some kind that I have a lot of respect for and also know a few that are as sorry an excuse for a lawman as anybody could be.

Ya'll be careful out there.

That's a very reasoned post.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Pat, you are one reason it's"us against them". You serve us, your employer, we don't serve you, our employee. If you can't or won't take advice from your employer you ultimately will be fired by your employer one way or another.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I am a degreed chemist with a minor in business. If my company needs to hire a chemist they hire a degreed chemist and not one that wants to be a chemist.

Not a put down at all but then tell me what skills/education/requirements are involved in being a LEO?

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The older cop helping train a rookie on probation PROBABLY makes his assessment based on several factors. "Would I want him 'going thru a door with me" [ I think that's the right term ] would be on his list.

A rookie who grades well in that assessment might be a tad "too Rambo" to make an ideal cop.

But, if I wuz a cop, I'd probably label him a keeper.

So.......... the Rambos well be with us forever.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Pat, you are one reason it's"us against them". You serve us, your employer, we don't serve you, our employee. If you can't or won't take advice from your employer you ultimately will be fired by your employer one way or another.

There are something like 461,000 local police officers, and 320 million civilians in the US.

Any cop that took advice from each individual citizen out of the 750 that he serves should be fired.

You're not even the 1%, derby.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Okay, since you pay my salary, I'll try to act better.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am a degreed chemist with a minor in business. If my company needs to hire a chemist they hire a degreed chemist and not one that wants to be a chemist.

Not a put down at all but then tell me what skills/education/requirements are involved in being a LEO?

Well, since you're being narcissistic, I am a degreed LEO, holding a Master's License, a BS in Science, thousands of hours of additional related training certificates in all kinds of usless related stuff, and 32 years of experience in all aspects of LE. Unlike being a chemist however, a simple education does little toward making somebody a cop and they do have to WANT to be one.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have no idea what a masters lic is? Did you have your BS before you entered law enforcement?

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. I became a cop as soon as I could.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My check has been missing the tax dollars from Montana. Can someone forward that to me? With back pay of course, since I've been taking all this Montana advice from my "bosses" for so long.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

Well see that's the point I was trying to get to. LEOs should now be required to have a BS degree in law enforcement before becoming a LEO. The course needs to be structured around today's world. Most degrees LEOs earn, (here in ma) ended up not being worth the paper they were written on. Not saying you per say so cool your jets, but they were getting credits for "life experience" and given degrees without a single bit of classroom work, none.

And BTW LEOS should NOT be allowed to be in a Union as there simply must be a way to weed out those who don't belong there.

In exchange for this I would gladly consider all Leo's skilled white collar employees and not only held to a much higher standard of conduct but to a much higher level of compensation as well.

The LEO of the future needs to be handled in this manner.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"In exchange for this I would gladly consider all Leo's skilled white collar employees and not only held to a much higher standard of conduct but to a much higher level of compensation as well."

Getting the rest of the tax payers to agree on higher compensation may not be easy.

Most don't want more taxes but they do expect a LEO ( or FD,EMS) to show up immediately when they need help.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No. We've tried that. Education never hurts anybody, but it does nothing but limit the applicants we have to choose from in LE. If anything, the age required to be a LE should be higher. Immaturity is biggest factor in most of our problems. There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....
Do tell! However, I understand based on discussions with long time LEO's that departments have a terrible time filling LEO positions due to applicants not meeting the "no special skill or requirements". Funny how that can be. crazy

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The problem then is you will never weed out the bad seeds.

And you are wrong about the BS degree. It takes a lot of work to get one, it takes a smart person to get one.

The length of of school weeds out the unqualified. I also believe more specific training is required.

LEO's and Unions = organized crime all day long, you can't have it.

It's time for LE to come over to the white collar/management side of the world and the public will simply need to accept the higher compensation as standard for that type of education.

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RickyD
There is no special skill or requirements to be a LEO....
Do tell! However, I understand based on discussions with long time LEO's that departments have a terrible time filling LEO positions due to applicants not meeting the "no special skill or requirements". Funny how that can be. crazy

Can't speak to Iowa but in MA there is a long waiting list. A waiting list of Brothers, Sisters, Cousins, Nephews, Uncles, Friends, Hacks...

Nepotism is destroying the LE profession.

Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
No. We've tried that. Education never hurts anybody, but it does nothing but limit the applicants we have to choose from in LE. If anything, the age required to be a LE should be higher. Immaturity is biggest factor in most of our problems. There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.
I believe there in your statement is the main problem in the LEO community, Most of the complaints are about officers in their 2 year of service, they are just getting confident in their position and yet do not have the experience a senior officer does. And then situations get out of hand. A older start date would allow for more training and more time to develope skill sets needed in life and as an officer.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

The length of of school weeds out the unqualified.

Do tell... just like it weeds out all the bad doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. Good luck with that unbridled faith in higher education.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never understood why somebody should need a bachelors or better from a liberal college (ain't they all?) to be law enforcement. Like we don't have enough problems now that we want to require all officers to listen to 4 years of liberal professors?

Associates I could maybe understand.

Requiring education to delay when people can become leo's sounds like something the politicians in Washington would come up with.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
But the system allows the weeding out of bad Doctors, lawyers and the like.

It takes an act of God to weed out those who have no business in LE.

Times have changed.

Thomas Jefferson

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
But the system allows the weeding out of bad Doctors, lawyers and the like.

It takes an act of God to weed out those who have no business in LE.

Times have changed.

That may be true in Mass., but it's certainly not true across the nation. Since you seem to be viewing the entire profession through a Mass. lens, the warped perspective is understandable.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I can only speak for the agencies I've worked for, but all required either a Bachelor's degree or a minimum of four years on the job. Guess which ones made the better cops?

Hint, a piece paper framed in glass hanging on the wall doesn't mean shiit in the real world. Lots of book smart people out there who don't have the common sense to pour piss out of a boot with the instructions on the heel.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
And out of 27 years, I've worked exactly 13 months and 10 days under a union.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why can't everybody decide what kind of cops they want for their community? Lots of departments require a college degree and pay accordingly. Other communities can't afford it, and frankly don't need it.

A lot of police work in a lot of places can be handled by someone with empathy, common sense, a sense of humor and a 10th grade education.

And without the interference of some stranger from Massafreakinchusetts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I can only speak for the agencies I've worked for, but all required either a Bachelor's degree or a minimum of four years on the job. Guess which ones made the better cops?

Notice that of the better cops, your agencies made none of them. They required those cops to come up through other agencies that didn't have the stupid education requirement.

Which is why I hate education requirements in most jobs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sample of two, but it makes the point.

I worked with a guy who had a degreein, and had worked in the field of, aerospace engineering. But he was an awful cop because he was a lazy, arrogant coward.

Another partner had a GED. But he was fearless and cared more about the people he served than anyone I've seen.

A college degree requirement will weed out the unintelligent. But the things that make a good cop can't be taught. They can be honed and practiced, but not learned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.

Agreed. As with most professions, one gets good at their profession by actually working in their profession. The best way to learn how to do something is to 'do it'.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Exactly.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Give me a badge and a TASER and I'll show ya'll some remarkable displays of immaturity.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The end game is not for the citizens to lose respect for the LEO's the end game is for the LEO's to lose all respect for the citizens.

If they can accomplish that anything will fly, gun confiscation included. Once we lose their respect the relationship is broken and the police will become a tool of the state to be used against the public.

OUtstanding point, and IMO well under way.

I have some good friends who are LEO and the general consensus is they pretty much cant wait to retire.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by isaac
Give me a badge and a TASER and I'll show ya'll some remarkable displays of immaturity.
That gives me a warm and fuzzy thought...

If a judge ever returns a finding of frivolous lawsuit and throws a case out, defendent gets to taser the plaintiff's lawyer.

Could make a reality show out of it... Running Lawyer.

Oh, BIG BUCKS on viewership! grin

Okay, hijack over.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by antlers
There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.

Agreed. As with most professions, one gets good at their profession by actually working in their profession. The best way to learn how to do something is to 'do it'.

Yep, , the best way to learn how to do brain surgery is to just get in there and dig around.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Yep, , the best way to learn how to do brain surgery is to just get in there and dig around.

That's right, although "get in there and dig around" is more than a little bit inaccurate. Point bein', as many have posted here, that few things take the place of experience. These guys really start learning how to be cops after they get out of the academy and actially start working as cops.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well see that's the point I was trying to get to. LEOs should now be required to have a BS degree in law enforcement before becoming a LEO. The course needs to be structured around today's world. Most degrees LEOs earn, (here in ma) ended up not being worth the paper they were written on. Not saying you per say so cool your jets, but they were getting credits for "life experience" and given degrees without a single bit of classroom work, none.

And BTW LEOS should NOT be allowed to be in a Union as there simply must be a way to weed out those who don't belong there.

In exchange for this I would gladly consider all Leo's skilled white collar employees and not only held to a much higher standard of conduct but to a much higher level of compensation as well.

You sound like an idiot.

Most degrees everybody earns anywhere these days are not worth the paper they're written on. They're spitting out IT and business management specialists like bunnies and most of them can't boot up a computer and balance their checkbooks.

And while you're "considering" all Leo's skilled white collar employees entitled to a much higher level of compensation, are you willing to actually "pay" for it?

When was the last time you had to deal, personally, with a cop?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Law school simply teaches one a certain way of thinking. Real life lawyering has little to nothing to do with what I learned in law school.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I can bring mine to the hog hunt. A cool 10 spot if you taze bobby in the nuts. You still owe him after the phone incident.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In all seriousness , 28 would be a good starting age.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In this day and age, who in their right mind would want to be an LEO?
There are POS in every occupation. Degreed or not. I give alot of credit to the ones that really want to go into the profession knowing the consequences..... you are chitted on by the ones up above, your are under the spotlight no matter what you do, and chitted on by the ones you are trying to serve and protect.... in escence you are a reverse Chit Sandwich.... oh yea....there are people out there trying to kill them for doing their job, all the while they are thinking of how to go home alive everyday to be with their families and have a normal life like everyone else.... you want their job? I think if anyone wants to criticize them, walk a mile in their shoes and let us know how it goes.... and yes, I have several family members in LE.... State, City, and Corrections .... this world is going to hell in a hand basket...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

And you are wrong about the BS degree. It takes a lot of work to get one, it takes a smart person to get one.

The length of of school weeds out the unqualified. I also believe more specific training is required.

It's time for LE to come over to the white collar/management side of the world and the public will simply need to accept the higher compensation as standard for that type of education.

The guys most frequently "weeded out of the system" are those who do have higher education. Most of them just don't have anything else. I know the business, just as probably know chemistry. The last thing the public needs (or wants) is a bunch of geek cops who never got in a fight or skipped school. They are the pricks that NOBODY likes. That's why a very large percentage are veterans.

Mac...I think (in hindsight) 25 would be a good starting point.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun

There are something like 461,000 local police officers, and 320 million civilians in the US.

Any cop that took advice from each individual citizen out of the 750 that he serves should be fired.

You're not even the 1%, derby.

I'm still the employer like it or not. Obviously, my power is through my elected officials and not directly to the police department. But I'm still one of the employers.

That's a nice thing about the sheriff's office the sheriff is directly elected by the employers, no third party there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the sympathy, but cops don't get into the business expecting it to be a nice place. They just want to help people, catch bad guys or in the case of the narcissists...have power. We know the public is largely supportive of us and that the dickheads who don't are in the super minority.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Okay, since you pay my salary, I'll try to act better.

Obviously, I don't live in your neck of the woods so I don't pay any part of your salary unless you're part of Obama's nationwide police force. But you get the point, the people in your area are your employers and do pay your salary.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I've met plenty of stupid POS's that had degrees. Doesn't take a genius level IQ or an admirable work ethic to get one.

Depending on specific school and field of the degree of course.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
My check has been missing the tax dollars from Montana. Can someone forward that to me? With back pay of course, since I've been taking all this Montana advice from my "bosses" for so long.

Don't by so damn stupid. I'm referring to the people in your area just like I pay part of the paycheck of the police in my area.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Police should be able to do to as they wish when dealing with any civilian. That is the consensus among the officers here and on sites that cater to police officers. As the officers here have stated, only police should have input on police work. That is why you see bad officers who go against that concept get treated like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Schoolcraft

while brave officers like these:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-tot-burned-swat-raid-article-1.2050396

are welcome in any department or LE function in the nation.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Some of the persons responding deserve to be policed by those w/ the critical thinking skills and physical and moral courage of DD and HarryM. Those that are not a good cop have no concept of what it involves.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm still the employer like it or not. Obviously, my power is through my elected officials and not directly to the police department. But I'm still one of the employers.

That's a nice thing about the sheriff's office the sheriff is directly elected by the employers, no third party there.

Just because you pay federal taxes and agencies far away from you line up to get access to those dollars doesn't mean you should have any say in what goes on in Texas any more than what you say should have any effect on the desires of Montana officers.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Think they have done that on a small scale in a couple of areas. Nothing to do with respect, just what the officers were ordered and trained to do. They aren't stupid so they know that is just part of it and since they aren't drafted they obviously support confiscating weapons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rlott

You sound like an idiot.

Most degrees everybody earns anywhere these days are not worth the paper they're written on. They're spitting out IT and business management specialists like bunnies and most of them can't boot up a computer and balance their checkbooks.

And while you're "considering" all Leo's skilled white collar employees entitled to a much higher level of compensation, are you willing to actually "pay" for it?

When was the last time you had to deal, personally, with a cop?

I'd settle for one that considers it a tragedy if an innocent person dies from the actions of a fellow cop.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If all LEO's had bachelors degrees and masters degrees we would need to be paid what that is worth on the market. The taxpayer could never afford to pay those salaries. I had a 2 year degree and for the most part it was what I needed to get in the door in 1979. I started as an Army MP in 1973 so I was involved in some form of LEO just a year out of High school.

As for a 4 year degree it meant nothing then except it opened doors to jobs outside of Police work and to Federal LEO jobs where people skills for the most part are not required. I knew a good chief who had NO degree. Unfortunately he was as smart if not smarter than the City Manager who had a Masters. It took a good year but he finally got the Chief fired. What an embarrassment! Not the fired Chief but the chity manager.

It's what is in a guys head before he ever applies. The degrees may get you a deputy chiefs job or a chiefs job but then you don't really need any street skills. You need the skills it takes to keep from getting fired by a retard chity manager or mayor with a political agenda. I would like to say the smarter guys had 4 year degrees but it only meant they stayed in school longer. Now to get to Sergeant you need a 4 yr. degree. Here again, you don't have to be the smartest, you only need to stay in school longer to get to the next level.

Common sense and the Golden Rule are the primary things a person needs to be a good cop. If you treat people fair and with respect your job is half done. The degrees impress other people who have degrees but Joe Citizen doesn't care about the degrees. They only care about the officer's people skills, common sense and being treated fair. Most of all they want the officer to offer a solution, help them get their property back and bring the bad guys to justice. Many citizens will bend over backwards to help you catch the bad guys. You need to be there when they offer the help and be prepared to do something about it.

Of course this means that the citizen has to meet the officer half way as well. Folks who yell " kill the pigs" have failed that hurdle and no matter how hard the officer tries, he or she will never be successful in their eyes.

WE did have a union. It was to fight for the things unions commonly fight for but the primary function was for wages and benefits. If we did not have a union, we would have all been under the poverty level with no benefits. Our process of eliminating under qualified officers was a good process and for every example I am aware of, successful.

Of course, Iowa is a right to work State and the Iowa legislature has done a good job of defining Labor Laws that are basically fair to both sides. If the legislative process is screwed up a Union won't change that. It only makes the "Union" thing worse. If you want more control over the Unions, get more control over your legislature or stop complaining.

Just my observations.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'd settle for one that considers it a tragedy if an innocent person dies from the actions of a fellow cop.

That seems reasonable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some of the persons responding deserve to be policed by those w/ the critical thinking skills and physical and moral courage of DD and HarryM. Those that are not a good cop have no concept of what it involves.

mike r

"Moral courage"?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
moral courage, what a concept huh. Give 'em hell Lt.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kwg020

If all LEO's had bachelors degrees and masters degrees we would need to be paid what that is worth on the market. The taxpayer could never afford to pay those salaries. I had a 2 year degree and for the most part it was what I needed to get in the door in 1979. I started as an Army MP in 1973 so I was involved in some form of LEO just a year out of High school.

As for a 4 year degree it meant nothing then except it opened doors to jobs outside of Police work and to Federal LEO jobs where people skills for the most part are not required. I knew a good chief who had NO degree. Unfortunately he was as smart if not smarter than the City Manager who had a Masters. It took a good year but he finally got the Chief fired. What an embarrassment! Not the fired Chief but the chity manager.

It's what is in a guys head before he ever applies. The degrees may get you a deputy chiefs job or a chiefs job but then you don't really need any street skills. You need the skills it takes to keep from getting fired by a retard chity manager or mayor with a political agenda. I would like to say the smarter guys had 4 year degrees but it only meant they stayed in school longer. Now to get to Sergeant you need a 4 yr. degree. Here again, you don't have to be the smartest, you only need to stay in school longer to get to the next level.

Common sense and the Golden Rule are the primary things a person needs to be a good cop. If you treat people fair and with respect your job is half done. The degrees impress other people who have degrees but Joe Citizen doesn't care about the degrees. They only care about the officer's people skills, common sense and being treated fair. Most of all they want the officer to offer a solution, help them get their property back and bring the bad guys to justice. Many citizens will bend over backwards to help you catch the bad guys. You need to be there when they offer the help and be prepared to do something about it.

Of course this means that the citizen has to meet the officer half way as well. Folks who yell " kill the pigs" have failed that hurdle and no matter how hard the officer tries, he or she will never be successful in their eyes.

WE did have a union. It was to fight for the things unions commonly fight for but the primary function was for wages and benefits. If we did not have a union, we would have all been under the poverty level with no benefits. Our process of eliminating under qualified officers was a good process and for every example I am aware of, successful.

Of course, Iowa is a right to work State and the Iowa legislature has done a good job of defining Labor Laws that are basically fair to both sides. If the legislative process is screwed up a Union won't change that. It only makes the "Union" thing worse. If you want more control over the Unions, get more control over your legislature or stop complaining.

Just my observations.
kwg

I agree with you on almost every point. The exception is "paying" for higher education. There are plenty of people wanting to be cops, with and without higher education. Most of them can not pass background checks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Mac...I think (in hindsight) 25 would be a good starting point."

I noticed from an earlier post that you became a cop "as soon as you could". That's why the hindsight.

A salesman has plenty of experience as a buyer. He brings that to his job. An engineer spends a good bit of his life dealing with problems[think automobile] caused by other engineers. Doctors get sick and hurt.

A cop who's entire adult life has been as a cop, has never seen the other side "of the counter". He's never been subjected to the arrogance and B.S. some cops display on a regular basis, or been physically mistreated AFTER the cuffs are on, just for fun.

You guys inhabit a world pretty much immune from mistreatment by the others in your profession.

I can't think of another field of employment like that.

Hell, even Lawyers get sued by other Lawyers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They just want to help people, catch bad guys or in the case of the narcissists...have power. We know the public is largely supportive of us and that the dickheads who don't are in the super minority.

But lurking on the roads and writing traffic tickets to commuters isn't helping people or catching bad guys. It's simply generating revenue for the government. Expired plates, no seat belt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. If cops came across to working people/taxpayers as simply wanting to help people and catch bad guys, I think a lot of the public perception of cops from those folks in particular would be way more positive than it is.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The education thing doesn't really hold water with me. Ltppowell said,
Education never hurts anybody, but it does nothing but limit the applicants we have to choose from in LE. If anything, the age required to be a LE should be higher. Immaturity is biggest factor in most of our problems. There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.

I've never been a cop, but that makes sense to me.

I like what Bluedreax said about it earlier.
Sample of two, but it makes the point.

I worked with a guy who had a degreein, and had worked in the field of, aerospace engineering. But he was an awful cop because he was a lazy, arrogant coward.

Another partner had a GED. But he was fearless and cared more about the people he served than anyone I've seen.

A college degree requirement will weed out the unintelligent. But the things that make a good cop can't be taught. They can be honed and practiced, but not learned.

I've met some, a lot of, pretty stupid people with degrees. In fact, shortly after taking the first job I got after getting my Associates degree, I heard a guest on the local radio station in New Orleans, with a Doctorate degree no less, ranting about white people putting chemicals in the Coke vending machines that made black men sterile. He claimed the chemical knew what color the skin was of the person drinking it and didn't affect white people.

At any rate, I'd worked hard for my degree yet I continually ran into people dumber than a box of rocks with a "college degree". It really bothered me until one day a man told me, "Some people are educated beyond their ability to synthesize the information". That was an epiphany for me.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They just want to help people, catch bad guys or in the case of the narcissists...have power. We know the public is largely supportive of us and that the dickheads who don't are in the super minority.

But lurking on the roads and writing traffic tickets to commuters isn't helping people or catching bad guys. It's simply generating revenue for the government. Expired plates, no seat belt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. If cops came across to working people/taxpayers as simply wanting to help people and catch bad guys, I think a lot of the public perception of cops from those folks in particular would be way more positive than it is.

And do you have any idea just how many "big" cases come from simple traffic stops?

I've recovered stolen firearms, made countless narcotics and DUI arrests, not to mention warrant arrests. Hell we picked up a guy wanted for murder in Ca on a traffic stop

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A lot of bad guys are caught from traffic stops, as are drugs. Sometimes even shoot outs and tussles are generated from traffic stops.

Merry Christmas and a Happy GFY.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mac84

I can bring mine to the hog hunt. A cool 10 spot if you taze bobby in the nuts. You still owe him after the phone incident.

Add another 10-note. And a mason jar. This has too much potential.

As to the rest of this thread... one longs for the days of sanitariums. There, that should get the paranoid's a goin'.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

And do you have any idea just how many "big" cases come from simple traffic stops?
I've recovered stolen firearms, made countless narcotics and DUI arrests, not to mention warrant arrests. Hell we picked up a guy wanted for murder in Ca on a traffic stop

Then if you stop somebody on a simple traffic stop, and it's not a 'big' case...and you don't recover stolen firearms, and you don't make a narcotic or DUI arrest, and you don't pick up a guy wanted for murder...then why don't ya' just let em' go without writing them a ticket...?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I noticed from an earlier post that you became a cop "as soon as you could". That's why the hindsight.

A salesman has plenty of experience as a buyer. He brings that to his job. An engineer spends a good bit of his life dealing with problems[think automobile] caused by other engineers. Doctors get sick and hurt.

A cop who's entire adult life has been as a cop, has never seen the other side "of the counter". He's never been subjected to the arrogance and B.S. some cops display on a regular basis, or been physically mistreated AFTER the cuffs are on, just for fun.

You guys inhabit a world pretty much immune from mistreatment by the others in your profession.

I grew up in the hood and got jacked up by city cops for crap I didn't do. I also got arrested for a bogus charge by hick Sheriff deputies that ultimately all went to Federal prison. It has nothing to do with "not seeing the other side". It has to do with maturity. Some people never do.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'm not a cop but I have law enforement friends all over the country & they work their butts off trying to do a good job. Most of them could make more money with a lot less stress doing something else but they choose to stay, trying to make life safer & better for most of us, I know there are some bad apples out there but for the most part those guys are way under appreciated.
Whenever I get the chance & see a couple of cops having coffee I'll pay for it, I don't want them to know who I am, I'm not looking for a favor or to put them on the spot, its my way of saying thanks guys, you are doing a hella of a job!

Dick

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What's that got to do with me?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by viking
A lot of bad guys are caught from traffic stops, as are drugs. Sometimes even shoot outs and tussles are generated from traffic stops.

I hated writing traffic tickets and doing accident reports but some things have to be done to keep some semblance of order and prove to the Lt's you weren't just chasing the girls or hanging out at the Kwik Trip. But, with some diligence a lot of interesting and exciting things come from a simple traffic stop.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Then if you stop somebody on a simple traffic stop, and it's not a 'big' case...and you don't recover stolen firearms, and you don't make a narcotic or DUI arrest, and you don't pick up a guy wanted for murder...then why don't ya' just let em' go without writing them a ticket...?

Generally I do...I haven't written a ticket in 6 months. And that was the first one in over a year, aside from tickets that resulted in arrests

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You proved my point by being the exception.

I'm bettin' you don't jack people up or arrest them on bogus charges, and part of that just might be due to your time on the receiving end.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Curdog your ignorance is constantly on display. If you think cops are immune to mistreatment by other cops you have never worked under some of the superiors and politicians that real cops are forced to have as "leadership".

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Generally I do...I haven't written a ticket in 6 months. And that was the first one in over a year, aside from tickets that resulted in arrests

Good for you brother. Seriously. I wish more of em' were like you in those regards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Curdog your ignorance is constantly on display. If you think cops are immune to mistreatment by other cops you have never worked under some of the superiors and politicians that real cops are forced to have as "leadership".

mike r

Look, Little Mikey, this makes twice you've responded to a post I've made, and both times your response misses the point of my post entirely.

And both times, you've called ME ignorant.

There are some grown-up cops participating on this thread.

Your reading comprehension score won't be nearly as low if you'll just go off and play with Derby Dude.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020

I hated writing traffic tickets and doing accident reports but some things have to be done to keep some semblance of order and prove to the Lt's you weren't just chasing the girls or hanging out at the Kwik Trip. But, with some diligence a lot of interesting and exciting things come from a simple traffic stop.
kwg

Yep, keeping civilians in line is all that matters as shown here:

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/tab-for-wrongful-convictions-in-texas-65-million-a/nWLQM/

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll bet the majority of cops are. Hell I got stopped last week. I was in a hurry and had a rental car. Not paying attention and was definitely going like hell. Saw the flashing lights, pulled over turned the interior light on, placed my hands on the steering wheel until the officer walked up. He said hello "I said I was probably going a bit to fast, i'm sorry. I have to work later tonight and just wasn't paying attention". Hsi response to me was thank you for your honesty, you just set the tone for how this interaction is going to go. He asked for my license and reg. I said sir This is a rental i'm not sure there is a registration but i'll look(there was) then I said Sir, I have a pistol permit and am carrying, it's on my right hip, my wallet is in my right back pocket i'm going to reach back and get my wallet I just want you to be aware of the firearm. He said thank you for being honest. I handed him my licnese and asked him how much the fine would be. He said nonticket, just a warning and thanked me for being polite and responding the way I did....but that's about how every encounter with LE i've had had gone...

The flip side is the entire hob scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it a gainst the man for doing his job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's kinda what I do, but it doesn't always work. I got stopped just turning on to I10 from Tallahassee in a rental that I had to bring back from Miami. I was speeding. I asked the trooper if I was stopped for my [bleep] driving or if it was an interdiction stop. (hint,hint) I guess he was one of those nerds I mentioned earlier...I got the ticket. (And yes, I was working.)

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pat unless i'm out of state or around my Geographical area of Employment, I don't even carry my badge. I try not to wven hint at what I do. I've had to answer to the chief for a couple tickets. One really stupid one was I got checked by USFWS. And had forgotten to sign my duck stamp.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Curdog, little mikey here.If you don't want to be regarded as ignorant upgrade the quality of your spiel. The reality you have problems recognizing is that w/out the "rough men" on the walls you, and those like you, would be subject to having the cannibals making your nutsacks into very small purses.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I started at 22. By that time I had built and owned my own house and was married and had a son. With five years of industrial construction experience behind me.

Age can help, college can help, but that doesn't hardly tell the whole story of a person's life or attitude or ability.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The flip side is the entire job scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it against the man for doing his job.

Those guys in particular are pricks and a$$holes. If you can do your job without being that way, then so can they. They're not helping people or catching bad guys. And those types deserve whatever hell the working public/taxpayers give em'. They 'choose' to be that way...and we can 'choose' to hold it against them.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was hired at 20. Out of college, had put myself theough the academy and worked full time running heavy equipment.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The flip side is the entire job scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it against the man for doing his job.

Those guys in particular are pricks and a$$holes. If you can do your job without being that way, then so can they. They're not helping people or catching bad guys. And those types deserve whatever hell the working public/taxpayers give em'. They 'choose' to be that way...and we can 'choose' to hold it against them.

They are a prick and an azzhole just because they wrote you a ticket?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've felt that way for every ticket I've ever had.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yep.

So then you must have been a prick and an azzhole that did something to warrant the ticket. Otherwise you just wouldn't have been stopped

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The flip side is the entire job scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop.

Actually, you clarified them being pricks and a$$holes by your objective statement above. That's a whole different job scope than helping people and catching bad guys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep.

So then you must have been a prick and an azzhole that did something to warrant the ticket. Otherwise you just wouldn't have been stopped

Yeah, those 'big crimes' like expired plate, no seatbelt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. Real prick and a$$hole stuff. Real bad guy stuff.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just because someone is doing their job does not make them a prick or an azzhole

I know troopers who work traffic and have one of the above "traffic" jobs. They write everybody they stop. But you've really fugged up if they stop you. One i know won't stop for a speed less than 70 in a 55 and 80 in a 65...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Yep.

Yeah, those 'big crimes' like expired plate, no seatbelt, 10 mph over the speed limit, etc.. Real prick and a$$hole stuff. Real bad guy stuff.

And I bet you had no idea that plat was expired, and just took off your seatbelt to adjust your wallet, and didn't see that speed sign huh? How many times a day do you think a traffic cop hears those excuses?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just because someone is doing their job does not make them a prick or an azzhole.

Being a prick and an a$$hole by how they 'choose' to do their job makes them a prick and an a$$hole. You have stated that you choose to do your cop job differently...better...actually serving the working public/taxpayers.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

You know why we are there? Because some other tax payer called and complained about the traffic at that intersection/roadway. Someone's daughter/wife/son almost got hit there and they want something done.

It usually goes well until you ticket the person that called and complained.

Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Just because someone is doing their job does not make them a prick or an azzhole.

Being a prick and an a$$hole by how they 'choose' to do their job makes them a prick and an a$$hole. You have stated that you choose to do your cop job differently...better...actually serving the working public/taxpayers.

Next time cry and/or offer to show your tits...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know troopers who work traffic and have one of the above "traffic" jobs. They write everybody they stop. But you've really fugged up if they stop you. One i know won't stop for a speed less than 70 in a 55 and 80 in a 65...

Those are pretty loose parameters. I can appreciate those. And I appreciate cops who choose to work that way.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And how should they choose to do their job?, which by the way is to enforce traffic laws

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I bet you had no idea that plate was expired, and just took off your seatbelt to adjust your wallet, and didn't see that speed sign huh? How many times a day do you think a traffic cop hears those excuses?

That's just the point gitem...it's nothing more than a money grab. So what if a plate is expired...? Go catch a real bad guy. So what if I didn't wear my seatbelt....? The flippin' government don't care...they just use it as an excuse to extort more money from people. And you just said some cops give leeway's of 15 mph over the speed limit...! It's nothing more than collecting revenue for the government. It's not helping people, and it's not catching bad guys. And there's a bunch of cops...not you..,who are willing to extort that money from the public no matter how minor the infraction is in the scheme of things.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And how should they choose to do their job?, which by the way is to enforce traffic laws

By having the same type of attitude that you've described for yourself when performing your job.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know why we are there? Because some other tax payer called and complained about the traffic at that intersection/roadway. Someone's daughter/wife/son almost got hit there and they want something done.

What does expired plate or no seatbelt have to do with any of what you just said...? Nobody minds if you're there...be there...! If your visible presence there will make a dangerous intersection safer, then be there. But extorting money from working people/taxpayers isn'takinh anything safer. It's just making those people in particular dislike cops in general because of the ones that gitem said see it as the whole scope of their job to enforce traffic laws.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Hey, chief, hold on for a minute. Nowhere have I said anything that would cause anybody with any sense at all to read "advice to cops." I simply stated things I would do if I were a cop. And my disclaimer is really me doing some high tech bragging as I have always held an honest productive job and never been so useless that I had or even wanted to be a burden to the taxpayers. So what is wrong with what I had to say? If what I said was intended as advice to cops, where do you find fault?

Really, you are going to have to do better on your attempt to make me look foolish as you did a very poor job of it and you have a lot of hangers-on here that are depending on you to be their fearless leader and really come up with something great. I see that Dinky stood up as one of your followers which is not a surprise but Blew, I thought, was pretty much his own man up until a few months ago. Should you ever make a sharp right turn without signalling first there are going to be a bunch of these guys suffering from broken noses. Be careful.

So now how about playing the part of a mature adult, if possible, and point out the wrong statements? Your admirers just might profit from you doing that.

Carry on.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next time cry and/or offer to show your tits...

Does that work...?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

What does expired plate or no seatbelt have to do with any of what you just said...? Nobody minds if you're there...be there...! If your visible presence there will make a dangerous intersection safer, then be there. But extorting money from working people/taxpayers isn'takinh anything safer. It's just making those people in particular dislike cops in general because of the ones that gitem said see it as the whole scope of their job to enforce traffic laws.

Do you know why most people have expired plates?.........cause they don't have insurance and can't get them renewed (here anyway). You want to hear people squall wait until they hit by a uninsured motorist.

Seat belt law (also our helment law) was made by congress. Made by the people that were elected by the people. I don't exactly agree with them but have to enforce them. When people complain about getting a ticket for them I tell to contact thier congressman.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I laced em up at 28. Being a cop never crossed my mind till I was about 27.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sadly a lot of that traffic enforcement is demanded by the public. The sheer number of speeding and driving complaints that get called in would boggle the average mind.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll bet the majority of cops are. Hell I got stopped last week. I was in a hurry and had a rental car. Not paying attention and was definitely going like hell. Saw the flashing lights, pulled over turned the interior light on, placed my hands on the steering wheel until the officer walked up. He said hello "I said I was probably going a bit to fast, i'm sorry. I have to work later tonight and just wasn't paying attention". Hsi response to me was thank you for your honesty, you just set the tone for how this interaction is going to go. He asked for my license and reg. I said sir This is a rental i'm not sure there is a registration but i'll look(there was) then I said Sir, I have a pistol permit and am carrying, it's on my right hip, my wallet is in my right back pocket i'm going to reach back and get my wallet I just want you to be aware of the firearm. He said thank you for being honest. I handed him my licnese and asked him how much the fine would be. He said nonticket, just a warning and thanked me for being polite and responding the way I did....but that's about how every encounter with LE i've had had gone...

The flip side is the entire hob scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it a gainst the man for doing his job.

Well of course you didn't get cited for a traffic offense. LE shouldn't be treated the same as civilians as shown here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...officer-gave-citations-misses-trial.html

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seat belt law (also our helment law) was made by congress. Made by the people that were elected by the people. I don't exactly agree with them but have to enforce them. When people complain about getting a ticket for them I tell to contact thier congressman.

You don't 'have' to enforce a chicken$h!t law like that. You 'choose' to do it.
And people question whether or not cops would confiscate private firearms if Congress passed a law requiring them to do so...?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Do you know why most people have expired plates?.........cause they don't have insurance and can't get them renewed (here anyway). You want to hear people squall wait until they hit by a uninsured motorist.

Dink

So what is the purpose of the Missouri Legislature if the US Congress is actually the source of The Missouri Code of State Regulations?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Hey, chief, hold on for a minute. Nowhere have I said anything that would cause anybody with any sense at all to read "advice to cops." I simply stated things I would do if I were a cop. And my disclaimer is really me doing some high tech bragging as I have always held an honest productive job and never been so useless that I had or even wanted to be a burden to the taxpayers. So what is wrong with what I had to say? If what I said was intended as advice to cops, where do you find fault?

Really, you are going to have to do better on your attempt to make me look foolish as you did a very poor job of it and you have a lot of hangers-on here that are depending on you to be their fearless leader and really come up with something great. I see that Dinky stood up as one of your followers which is not a surprise but Blew, I thought, was pretty much his own man up until a few months ago. Should you ever make a sharp right turn without signalling first there are going to be a bunch of these guys suffering from broken noses. Be careful.

So now how about playing the part of a mature adult, if possible, and point out the wrong statements? Your admirers just might profit from you doing that.

Carry on.

Okay, I can play that game.

If I "wuz" a dickhead with an axe to grind, I wouldn't get on the internet and sound like a little kid, crying because nobody is giving me enough attention. That's not advice...just what I wouldn't do.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

And people question whether or not cops would confiscate private firearms if Congress passed a law requiring them to do so...?

Lol...only play you had.

Vote wisely....cause laws are made by the people that speak for the people.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bull. You can buy insurance just long enough to get a plate, and then cancel the insurance. If cops were serious about uninsured motorists, they'd have checkpoints daily checking just for proof of insurance. They have drunk driving checkpoints sometimes at night, but how often do they have proof of insurance checkpoints during the day...?
Some people don't register their cars for the same reasons some people don't register their guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lol...only play you had.

Dink

Don't mind him DINK, we know police like yourself support firearms safety laws including confiscation to make us safer and your job easier.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And there's always gonna be some cops that are more than willing to enforce those laws no matter how chicken$h!t and unjust they are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Lol...only play you had.

It's not a "play". It's a fact.
You clearly stated your position above.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

A BS degree neither makes a good chemist or good law enforcement officer. Both are made by their upbringing. Education is a plus, but the background was molded by proper upbringing. Over abundance of educated idiots out their that are running short on common sense and proper upbringing. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Carry on.

Okay, I can play that game.

If I "wuz" a dickhead with an axe to grind, I wouldn't get on the internet and sound like a little kid, crying because nobody is giving me enough attention. That's not advice...just what I wouldn't do.

And that's really the best you can do?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Cops ARE civilians.

The idea that they somehow are not is a huge problem.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Just checked back in on this thread and am pleased to see that it remains in the running for having some of the all-time dumbest [bleep] statements I've ever read on the 'Fire, and that's saying something. My faith in the bottom rung of the ladder here is fully restored.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Actually, a degree is a hurdle. It makes an applicant prove that they have motivation and desire to enter a field that requires it.

My current profession is a lot like yours in that the degree I have (RN) is a hurdle, just like LE degree you need here in MN to be a cop. I learned 99% of what I do on the job after I got said degree, but getting the degree provided a process to week out those who didn't want to actually put forth any effort to join the ranks of the profession, as well as the lazy and stupid.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by goalie
Actually, a degree is a hurdle. It makes an applicant prove that they have motivation and desire to enter a field that requires it.

My current profession is a lot like yours in that the degree I have (RN) is a hurdle, just like LE degree you need here in MN to be a cop. I learned 99% of what I do on the job after I got said degree, but getting the degree provided a process to week out those who didn't want to actually put forth any effort to join the ranks of the profession, as well as the lazy and stupid.

I'm in IT, and degrees are normally required.

Even in an industry where folks who didn't finish college include Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison.

The REAL problem is most managers don't have any actual skills, and thus can't hire people based on their skillset. They have to rely on a piece of paper.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would also point out that, in my situation, I started being an RN with a two-year degree. I had my hospital pay for me to finish a 4-year. Now, all the metro hospitals are trying to only hire 4-year degree RN's. After about 20 years the difference in pay had I not finished my 4-year degree is less than a buck an hour. Not really worth it if you are making almost 50 bucks an hour with the 2-year degree....

Much like some LEO's in the thread have stated, the paper doesn't make the man (or woman). The two year school I went to had 98% of the class pass boards the first time. ONE idiot (class of 50)failed, and she never became an RN, and never should have. She was book smart, but completely lacked common sense. One of the expensive 4-year nursing programs in the cities got put on probation by the state board of nursing the year I graduated. They had a 60-something percent pass rate on boards. Those people paid 8x what I did per credit to not be taught what they needed to pass boards.

MN requires a two-year degree for law enforcement. I think that is a good thing, as it ensures that at least the person is around 20 and demonstrated a desire that they followed through with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I first started I was paid so little that we qualified for government assistance. So I did what everybody did and took a second job. It took a job and a half to survive, two jobs to make any headway at living.

Not for or against a college degree requirement. But men aren't gonna get a degree for a job that pays poverty level wages. And not all communities can afford to pay a lot.

Which is why it needs to be up to local communities to figure out what'll work for them.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Just checked back in on this thread and am pleased to see that it remains in the running for having some of the all-time dumbest [bleep] statements I've ever read on the 'Fire, and that's saying something. My faith in the bottom rung of the ladder here is fully restored.

Glad you liked it. Rungs are where it starts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Cops ARE civilians.

Police are a militarized occupation force, not civilians. That is why they are mentioned as exempt in statutes intended to control civilians and/or they do not enforce those laws against each other. Totally different group than civilians.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by sherp

Cops ARE civilians.

Police are a militarized occupation force, not civilians. That is why they are mentioned as exempt in statutes intended to control civilians and/or they do not enforce those laws against each other. Totally different group than civilians.

You looking forward to Christmas break little guy? What is Santa gonna bring you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I first started I was paid so little that we qualified for government assistance. So I did what everybody did and took a second job. It took a job and a half to survive, two jobs to make any headway at living.

Not for or against a college degree requirement. But men aren't gonna get a degree for a job that pays poverty level wages. And not all communities can afford to pay a lot.

Which is why it needs to be up to local communities to figure out what'll work for them.

Yep, police aren't paid well at all:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...nce-victims-list-grows-article-1.2000120

http://www.okc.gov/okcpd/recruiting/index.html

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/40/4055000.html

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You looking forward to Christmas break little guy? What is Santa gonna bring you?

What's with the snarky comments? I am on your side. I post support for the same individuals and groups you do. So why do you act towards me in this manner?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

What's with the snarky comments? I am on your side. I post support for the same individuals and groups you do. So why do you act towards me in this manner?

You don't support anything I support, you can't even cone up with an original thought. But I bet your momma's still proud enough of you to let you live in the basement rent free

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This former Baltimore policeman paints a different picture in the respect department.

"When I was a police officer in Baltimore, I would drive around and put out one brush fire after another. It would have been easy to be overwhelmed by the lives broken by repeated bad choices, by the mentally ill, the children who grow up without hope, another murder victim, the literal stink of society's least wanted and the sheer magnitude of human idiocy.

As to police danger, it shouldn't be overstated (police officers are paranoid enough as is), but the danger isn't just in the small though real risk of being attacked and killed. What screws with your head is the constant occupational demand of hyper alertness -- of having to engage with and confront danger, and always on danger's terms.

When I cleared a drug corner, sometimes I couldn't help but wonder why the dealers didn't just jump me. Effective compliance is as much earned as ordered, but I don't think they obeyed me because they liked me (at least I hope not). Bluster aside, my job and safety depended on respect and deference to my authority"

---------------
now its certainly possible that once the thin blue line is torn apart that the police would serve in a different capacity but I can't imagine them being very effective in that environment.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/23/14.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=Tarkio]
Cops ARE civilians.

ci�vil�ian

n.
a. A person who is not an active member of the military, the police, or a belligerent group in a conflict.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you really want to define yourself as not being a civilian?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I don't think he defined himself as anything. He simply posted the definition of the word from the dictionary

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish I WAS a civilian, and will be before long.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You and me both... Possibly in about 6 weeks

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best of luck.

Looks like sherp and the rest of the non-proactive folks will get their self-fulfilling prophecy when all the decent cops decide they've had enough.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As you know, lots of people regret never doing police work. Few, however, regret leaving it.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I wonder if that fat-assed,loser Chirp has yet to realize that 98% of the members have his worthless cacklings on ignore.

My guess is he's too F'in stupid to figure it out.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm pretty sure he's too stupid to know he's stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You don't support anything I support, you can't even cone up with an original thought. But I bet your momma's still proud enough of you to let you live in the basement rent free

So you wanted Darren Wilson arrested, charged, and likely convicted over the 2013 video taping arrest and false report he did? No kidding?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't think he defined himself as anything. He simply posted the definition of the word from the dictionary

I wish I WAS a civilian, and will be before long.

I guess that clears up any ambiguity on the topic

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dink, of all the douchebag cops I've conversed with on gun site's you are the #1 douche of them all. I hope you enjoy you status, and I hope one day to be able to hear about someone giving you what you so richly deserve. I really hope I get to read about it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if that fat-assed,loser Chirp has yet to realize that 98% of the members have his worthless cacklings on ignore.

At first I thought like that too

now I've come around . Put me in the 2%. We all need a mirror held up to us - sometimes we're able to realize we don't like what we see.

Last edited by KFWA; 12/23/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So you wanted Darren Wilson incacerated over the 2013 video taping arrest and false report he did? No kidding?

Hey TAK.. Did Rick flush your 4321 handle? How many are you down to now?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Best of luck.

Looks like sherp and the rest of the non-proactive folks will get their self-fulfilling prophecy when all the decent cops decide they've had enough.

That is the only kind of cop there is, decent. The only difference between now and any other time in history is cell phone cameras. Work to ban those and your seeming lack of faith in our current LE professionals will go away.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As you know, lots of people regret never doing police work. Few, however, regret leaving it.

I know I don't.

It took a decade and a half, but my heartrate doesn't even jack up when I hear sirens anymore.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

you're a dumb ass, you don't know Pat so you have no businesses passing judgement on him. i look at police as individuals you can't judge one by the actions of another. would be like assuming everyone from FL was a kook because TRH lives there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Doesn't describe me at all unless he is describing himself.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/9447225/Searchpage/1/Main/658784/Words/%22Isaac+makes+money%22/Search/true/Re_Open_Revolt_Against_Washing#Post9447225

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Notice that of the better cops, your agencies made none of them. They required those cops to come up through other agencies that didn't have the stupid education requirement.

Which is why I hate education requirements in most jobs.
some of the wealthiest men i know didn't finish high school.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
So I have skimmed through some of the posts here, and I can not figure out what some people want. Is it:

No police or law enforcement? Barney, Mayberry days are not coming back. If you ever talk to really old timers they will tell you they went from proactive to reactive decades ago. Gee, I wonder if that anything to do with the great new society the 60s produced.

Sure there are bad cops, there is bad or good in any job field. It's all about attitude and maturity.

Imagine if you will what this country/society would look like with out the thin blue line.

As far as the pay issue goes, that's all relative. Some, I said some required you to live in your county/wherever or a few minutes away. High cost=higher pay.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

i've only gotten 3 tickets in the last 20 yrs and i've been pulled over a hell of a lot more than that, but i'm always respectful and honest ( don't try to make excuses)

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So I have skimmed through some of the posts here, and I can not figure out what some people want. Is it:

No police or law enforcement? Barney, Mayberry days are not coming back. If you ever talk to really old timers they will tell you they went from proactive to reactive decades ago. Gee, I wonder if that anything to do with the great new society the 60s produced.

Sure there are bad cops, there is bad or good in any job field. It's all about attitude and maturity.

Imagine if you will what this country/society would look like with out the thin blue line.

As far as the pay issue goes, that's all relative. Some, I said some required you to live in your county/wherever or a few minutes away. High cost=higher pay.

the thin blue line works/exists because it has the support of the public...financially, legislatively, and thru general goodwill and presumed good intent

The more that support erodes, the less effective police can be.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Curdog, little mikey here.If you don't want to be regarded as ignorant upgrade the quality of your spiel. The reality you have problems recognizing is that w/out the "rough men" on the walls you, and those like you, would be subject to having the cannibals making your nutsacks into very small purses.

mike r
you're way off mark with that response.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After reading thru this thread, I'm a little flabbergasted to say the least....don't understand all of this hostility toward ANY LEO... especially most of the guys we have here on the campfire...

Well at least they have my respect, and not my condemnation..

I don't like to get pulled over any more than the next guy....

so I have a real novel approach to that solution... I do the darn speed limit...hated it at first, but got use to it after a while..
but I get out on the highway and set the cruise on 5 mph below the speed limit, and pretty much watch the world go by me...yet don't feel I get where I am going any slower.. and it sure is nice not having to worry about being on the look out for a cop cruiser...

and I'll say that about 80% of the time I have ever been pulled over in my life, I got away with a warning... and I admit to having a silver tongued 'secret weapon'.....I show the officer respect, consideration and obedience...yes sir, no sir...

The main problem isn't the LEOs, its the public and their attitudes... its now the ME generations...it wasn't the cops fault you got pulled over... or the cops fault, he had to stop and speak with you...

I assisted an Oregon State Trooper once on top of Mt Ashland, the highest point on I 5 on the west coast.. there was a 20 vehicle pile up, on an ice covered 200 yds of road, due to wind blowing snow across the freeway.... one trooper made it up....

before he got there, I ran over to a trucker and had him use his CB to get other truckers to block the highway, so no more vehicles were coming down...when the trooper got there, I told him I was a military trained Paramedic, and had just moved from MN, so I was equipped to be out in the cold... Californians were up there in flip flops shorts and t shirts, in the middle of winter, and out side their wreaked cars....

I assisted him and helped him contain the situation and provided first aid to those that needed it...

Then I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ, and let them know what a professional the Trooper was, and how he avoided the problem getting any worse...

What shocked me was the response from that letter... the first line of it was "thank you, we don't hardly ever see a letter like this...."

The public can certainly call or write to bitch, but not many feel inclined to praise the professionalism of LEOs....

yeah like everything, there is a certain percentage of officers that are AHoles.... but ya know, on the flip side of the coin, I think there is even a greater percentage of the general public that are AHoles...and the LEO have to deal with them and still maintain a professional demeanor...

I couldn't be an LEO, but I certainly respect the ones that have to put on the uniform daily and go out and do an unthankful job,, protecting an ungrateful public...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

mike r

"rough men" on the walls"......... .

You gotta be schittin' me.

Go find DINK and swap war stories. It's OK to invent them.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Seafire
After reading thru this thread, I'm a little flabbergasted to say the least....don't understand all of this hostility toward ANY LEO... especially most of the guys we have here on the campfire...

so I have a real novel approach to that solution... I do the darn speed limit...hated it at first, but got use to it after a while..
but I get out on the highway and set the cruise on 5 mph below the speed limit, and pretty much watch the world go by me...yet don't feel I get where I am going any slower.. and it sure is nice not having to worry about being on the look out for a cop cruiser...

and I'll say that about 80% of the time I have ever been pulled over in my life, I got away with a warning... and I admit to having a silver tongued 'secret weapon'.....I show the officer respect, consideration and obedience...yes sir, no sir...

The main problem isn't the LEOs, its the public and their attitudes... its now the ME generations...it wasn't the cops fault you got pulled over... or the cops fault, he had to stop and speak with you...

I assisted an Oregon State Trooper once on top of Mt Ashland, the highest point on I 5 on the west coast.. there was a 20 vehicle pile up, on an ice covered 200 yds of road, due to wind blowing snow across the freeway.... one trooper made it up....

before he got there, I ran over to a trucker and had him use his CB to get other truckers to block the highway, so no more vehicles were coming down...when the trooper got there, I told him I was a military trained Paramedic, and had just moved from MN, so I was equipped to be out in the cold... Californians were up there in flip flops shorts and t shirts, in the middle of winter, and out side their wreaked cars....

I assisted him and helped him contain the situation and provided first aid to those that needed it...

Then I wrote a letter to the Oregon State Police HQ, and let them know what a professional the Trooper was, and how he avoided the problem getting any worse...

What shocked me was the response from that letter... the first line of it was "thank you, we don't hardly ever see a letter like this...."

The public can certainly call or write to bitch, but not many feel inclined to praise the professionalism of LEOs....

yeah like everything, there is a certain percentage of officers that are AHoles.... but ya know, on the flip side of the coin, I think there is even a greater percentage of the general public that are AHoles...and the LEO have to deal with them and still maintain a professional demeanor...

I couldn't be an LEO, but I certainly respect the ones that have to put on the uniform daily and go out and do an unthankful job,, protecting an ungrateful public...

As long as both sides use the it's them, not me, then status quo will remain the rule. I do understand that status quo is what many actually want in the first place.

Thomas Jefferson

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seafire, you obviously ain't met Dink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mirage243

I'll bet you haven't met him either. I'll aslo bet you are your own worst nenemy when it cones to interaction with LE.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Dink, of all the douchebag cops I've conversed with on gun site's you are the #1 douche of them all. I hope you enjoy you status, and I hope one day to be able to hear about someone giving you what you so richly deserve. I really hope I get to read about it.

Awwwww...did I hurt your feelings again?

I have no doubt you would have to read about someone doing something to me. Guys like you sit around and have to read about everything cause you never done anything....

Dink

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I'll bet you haven't met him either. I'll aslo bet you are your own worst nenemy when it cones to interaction with LE.

Nah, I get along with 'em fine around here, they're not arrogant little pricks.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Guys like you sit around and have to read about everything cause you never done anything....

Dink

Your an idiot, I forgot more about doing real [bleep] than your little punk ass will ever know.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Hey Curdog, apparently that upgrade didn't take. Try again.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Mirage 243, you just qualified yourself as a genuine internet tough guy.

mike r.

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't judge the actions of any LEO unless it is happening to you. You should wait till the results of the investigation to pass judgement. Just look at all the idiots who believed the lies about George Zimmerman. You shouldn't join their stupidity.

[Linked Image from ]
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by ConradCA
You can't judge the actions of any LEO unless it is happening to you. You should wait till the results of the investigation to pass judgement. Just look at all the idiots who believed the lies about George Zimmerman. You shouldn't join their stupidity.

The 'lies" about Zimmerman actually weren't lies at all. He murdered that kid.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think Zimmerman was innocent, that said - I believe the public at large can and should judge the actions of LEOs. Public Servants...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The kid had every right to be there, he was minding his own business as well. Zimmerman, a wanna be tough guy (only when he's armed) confronted the kid and the kid likely told him to F off. So Zimmerman likely grabbed him and bit off more than he could chew and was getting the sxxt smacked out of him in a fight he started. So Zimmerman finds this unacceptable and pulls out his metal courage and shoots a 17 year old. No biggy though as he was black and....well...you know.

Zimmerman was for sure guilty of a manslaughter charge.

How many of you having Son's that age, who came home and told you Zimmerman beat them up on the way home and actually shot him, wouldn't grab your sidearm and tell the misses "I'll be back in a minute"

Tavon never got that chance to tell his side. He wasn't a bad kid and not much different from many 17 year olds with a little weed issue, skipping school but nothing more than that.

Thomas Jefferson

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tavon never got that chance to tell his side. He wasn't a bad kid and not much different from many 17 year olds with a little weed issue, skipping school but nothing more than that.

You may want to google his juvenile record for the robbery/burglary issues, along with the stolen items found in his possession at school.

But don't let that stop you, you are on a roll...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, watch it. He's a chemist. He's real, real smart.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
You still sticking with that gay guy avatar eh....

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
So what does one suppose happens when a George Zimmerman gets to be a Cop....

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

the thin blue line works/exists because it has the support of the public...financially, legislatively, and thru general goodwill and presumed good intent

The more that support erodes, the less effective police can be.

And that is why we need to do away with cell phone cameras or other means for recording police activities. Get us back to that happier time when the claims of the officers involved were all that mattered.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

FOAD.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Does this mean that he's smoking his own meth?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The kid had every right to be there, he was minding his own business as well. Zimmerman, a wanna be tough guy (only when he's armed) confronted the kid and the kid likely told him to F off. So Zimmerman likely grabbed him and bit off more than he could chew and was getting the sxxt smacked out of him in a fight he started. So Zimmerman finds this unacceptable and pulls out his metal courage and shoots a 17 year old. No biggy though as he was black and....well...you know.

How many of you having Son's that age, who came home and told you Zimmerman beat them up on the way home and actually shot him, wouldn't grab your sidearm and tell the misses "I'll be back in a minute"

Everything that happened there was on the level since Zimmerman was going on ride alongs with the police. Zimmerman got in with them so well his initial condemnation of this incident:

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new..._allegedly_involving_son_of_officer.html

changed to nothing but praise for their activities.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

FOAD.

F off and die...your debating skills along with your high IQ have left me speechless....what are you 10? maybe 11?

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Holy God! Another on ignore. That was easy.

We can't hardly hire any cops here (good or bad) because we don't have enough applicants and definitely don't have enough applicants that can pass the test....whatever that is. Not sure of the other requirements.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by 257heaven

Holy God! Another on ignore. That was easy.

We can't hardly hire any cops here (good or bad) because we don't have enough applicants and definitely don't have enough applicants that can pass the test....whatever that is. Not sure of the other requirements.

Glad that works for you, it's always the best call when you are in over your head....

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire

Not only that, but in Oklahoma obeying traffic laws means somewhat less of a chance of an officer having to sexually assault you to maintain order according Captain Brown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYNdqwx3LU

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Big Ragu, how about some new material?

You've already spammed threads with that schit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

mike r

"rough men" on the walls"......... .

You gotta be schittin' me.

Go find DINK and swap war stories. It's OK to invent them.

You mean the claim about Missouri seat belt and helmet laws coming from the US Congress is a falsehood?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

F off and die...your debating skills along with your high IQ have left me speechless....what are you 10? maybe 11?

There's nothing to 'debate', retard. You musta missed the trial.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

There's nothing to 'debate', retard. You musta missed the trial.

You are not supposed to make my case for me....didn't know if you knew that.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE

I...Am....HarryM.

[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by RWE

I...Am....HarryM.

[Linked Image]

Actually thanks, that guy looks better than me..

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Publicly announce that the police, nation wide, are taking the week off. Then do it.

These threads vanish in 2 hours...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
But, seriously though...posting silly pictures is a tad lame is it not? Should I put you down for "you got nothing'?

Thomas Jefferson

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Publicly announce that the police, nation wide, are taking the week off. Then do it.

These threads vanish in 2 hours...

Life will go on as usual. The first sign of an over inflated ego is believing one is indispensable, none of us are, sorry.

Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Life would go on?

Who's?

Think it would be yours?

That's cute...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

So, you ARE from Massachusetts. smirk

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Life would go on?

Who's?

Think it would be yours?

That's cute...

The jobs would be re-posted, new hires would step in, and life would indeed go one.

I worked for a guy one time who kept a glass of water on his desk with a pencil in it. Whenever the natives got restless and complained about the job he would say "look at how little the water level changes when I remove the pencil"

Really, don't ever think any of us can't be replaced, that's how you will get ambushed.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,190
Posts18,503,409
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.