I would quickly re-asses my thoughts concerning my standing with the public, especially the criminal types. I would realize that less and less people of all types are losing their respect and fear for me and are becoming less willing to do as I say when I yell at them to "git on the graound" or sit down on the curb or willingly allow me to search their car knowing that I will do my best to wreck the interior. And that wherever I may be, there are several video cameras pointing at me from several angels so if I start punching and beating on someone I will be reported.

A prime example of what is causing a huge drop in respect for cops is the young hot-shot cop in Texas a few days ago the beat on and tased the old black guy because he was resisting arrest. Nobody wants to be arrested, especially when you have done no wrong. The punk wouldn't give the old guy a chance to speak up for himself but if he had, the whole situation could have ended up on a much happier note and jerk cop would still have a job. The way he conducted himself is bad enough but for other cops to hold up for guys that act in that manner is completely ridiculous. That adds more to the "us against them" attitude.

And I would try at all times to be on high alert and never let my guard down. It is very sad that the two that were assassinated in NYC were so quickly and easily taken out of the picture by one demented person.

No, I'm not a cop and never have been. I have some very good friends that are police of some kind that I have a lot of respect for and also know a few that are as sorry an excuse for a lawman as anybody could be.

Ya'll be careful out there.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.