The education thing doesn't really hold water with me. Ltppowell said,
Education never hurts anybody, but it does nothing but limit the applicants we have to choose from in LE. If anything, the age required to be a LE should be higher. Immaturity is biggest factor in most of our problems. There is nothing that can be learned in a classroom that determines whether a person will be good cop, or not. Nothing.

I've never been a cop, but that makes sense to me.

I like what Bluedreax said about it earlier.
Sample of two, but it makes the point.

I worked with a guy who had a degreein, and had worked in the field of, aerospace engineering. But he was an awful cop because he was a lazy, arrogant coward.

Another partner had a GED. But he was fearless and cared more about the people he served than anyone I've seen.

A college degree requirement will weed out the unintelligent. But the things that make a good cop can't be taught. They can be honed and practiced, but not learned.

I've met some, a lot of, pretty stupid people with degrees. In fact, shortly after taking the first job I got after getting my Associates degree, I heard a guest on the local radio station in New Orleans, with a Doctorate degree no less, ranting about white people putting chemicals in the Coke vending machines that made black men sterile. He claimed the chemical knew what color the skin was of the person drinking it and didn't affect white people.

At any rate, I'd worked hard for my degree yet I continually ran into people dumber than a box of rocks with a "college degree". It really bothered me until one day a man told me, "Some people are educated beyond their ability to synthesize the information". That was an epiphany for me.