Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Mac...I think (in hindsight) 25 would be a good starting point."

I noticed from an earlier post that you became a cop "as soon as you could". That's why the hindsight.

A salesman has plenty of experience as a buyer. He brings that to his job. An engineer spends a good bit of his life dealing with problems[think automobile] caused by other engineers. Doctors get sick and hurt.

A cop who's entire adult life has been as a cop, has never seen the other side "of the counter". He's never been subjected to the arrogance and B.S. some cops display on a regular basis, or been physically mistreated AFTER the cuffs are on, just for fun.

You guys inhabit a world pretty much immune from mistreatment by the others in your profession.

I can't think of another field of employment like that.

Hell, even Lawyers get sued by other Lawyers.

I grew up in the hood and got jacked up by city cops for crap I didn't do. I also got arrested for a bogus charge by hick Sheriff deputies that ultimately all went to Federal prison. It has nothing to do with "not seeing the other side". It has to do with maturity. Some people never do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.