Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'll bet the majority of cops are. Hell I got stopped last week. I was in a hurry and had a rental car. Not paying attention and was definitely going like hell. Saw the flashing lights, pulled over turned the interior light on, placed my hands on the steering wheel until the officer walked up. He said hello "I said I was probably going a bit to fast, i'm sorry. I have to work later tonight and just wasn't paying attention". Hsi response to me was thank you for your honesty, you just set the tone for how this interaction is going to go. He asked for my license and reg. I said sir This is a rental i'm not sure there is a registration but i'll look(there was) then I said Sir, I have a pistol permit and am carrying, it's on my right hip, my wallet is in my right back pocket i'm going to reach back and get my wallet I just want you to be aware of the firearm. He said thank you for being honest. I handed him my licnese and asked him how much the fine would be. He said nonticket, just a warning and thanked me for being polite and responding the way I did....but that's about how every encounter with LE i've had had gone...

The flip side is the entire hob scope of some cops is to enforce traffic laws, and the most objective way to do that is to write everyone you stop. You can't hold it a gainst the man for doing his job.

Well of course you didn't get cited for a traffic offense. LE shouldn't be treated the same as civilians as shown here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...officer-gave-citations-misses-trial.html

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn