Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I think you misunderstood the scenario.

I said that they, ALL of the police (Commissioner on down, hell, throw in federal leo's too) take a planned, scheduled, fully announced week off.

Couldn't get new hires to fill that vacancy (besides there is no vacancy, it's just a week off) fast enough. Especially any with any knowledge of what is happening in the neighborhood, who the resident trouble makers are, etc. Any "JoeBob" that would step up wouldn't have any training.

Fill all those places in a week? You couldn't even get interviews... who'd conduct the interviews?

Individuals can be replaced without disrupting anything. Try to replace an entire industry.

OMG...is everyone here today going to make my case for me today?
Did you read what you just said?

It shows that you believe that YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CREATE A POLICE STATE IF YOU GET PISSED OFF AND ALL

That's the problem if even police managers can all walk off and say screw you people, you do what we tell you to do and keep your pucking mouths shut.

You can't allow this, you can't have any local, state or federal police force thinking this is acceptable for criss sakes.

1. A higher educated police department won't think like this.

2. A higher compensated police department won't think like this.

3. A non union police department won't be allowed to believe we are bigger than those we serve and we will shut the place down to prove it.

Who are you? Michael Corleone..."do you know who I am"

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson