I would also point out that, in my situation, I started being an RN with a two-year degree. I had my hospital pay for me to finish a 4-year. Now, all the metro hospitals are trying to only hire 4-year degree RN's. After about 20 years the difference in pay had I not finished my 4-year degree is less than a buck an hour. Not really worth it if you are making almost 50 bucks an hour with the 2-year degree....

Much like some LEO's in the thread have stated, the paper doesn't make the man (or woman). The two year school I went to had 98% of the class pass boards the first time. ONE idiot (class of 50)failed, and she never became an RN, and never should have. She was book smart, but completely lacked common sense. One of the expensive 4-year nursing programs in the cities got put on probation by the state board of nursing the year I graduated. They had a 60-something percent pass rate on boards. Those people paid 8x what I did per credit to not be taught what they needed to pass boards.

MN requires a two-year degree for law enforcement. I think that is a good thing, as it ensures that at least the person is around 20 and demonstrated a desire that they followed through with.