wow been a long time since i was here .
haa T7 roundball, smakepole how are you fellas

wakeman you know, you and i dont exactly see eye to eye on must everything and i stand behind your right 100% to have your say . but for a person representing a major manufacture ?
Man that�s some of the poorest writing , are you representing savage with those remarks ?
Do I have to remind you Pedersoli and their name have a lot more experience in muzzleloading then you have gotten from the net ?
Get ahold of yourself .

Now take a trip over to toby�s site and look at the projectiles he is profiling ,
Take a look at the distances and then read his hunting stories where one of the bullet manufactures writes about taking a 300+ range shot and that his bullet still would achieve 1260fps at that distance .
I qoute :
The elk lurched to its feet at 1:15, right on schedule. He stood 220 yards away. facing in the other direction. My quartering shot entered just behind the bull's left shoulder, broke the shoulder, then exited out the front of the same shoulder. The animal immediately dropped fron sight. I knew the shoulder was broken, and that the bull wouldn't go far if it wasn't pressed. "Let's give it an hour and give him a chance to stiffen up," Terrance suggested. When the time was up, Terrance circled wide behind where we'd last seen the elk, then began moving back towards me.When I saw the bull again, he was running in and out of the trees at the edge of a long slide. He stopped 20 yards beyond a pair of shed antlers I'd lasered at 320 yards. There, he stood broadside long enough for me to shoot again. Taking the 45-degree slope into account, I held a few inches below the bull's spine and squeezed the trigger. The bullet struck 6 inches below point of aim - a center hit. Remaining velocity at that distance would have been 1,260 fps.

Now either he isn�t telling the truth , you aren�t ?
Pedersoli my take is that a designer , manufacture and long time company dealing with muzzleloading weapons has some idea of just what they are talking about

See the problem doesn�t lye with having scopes . The problem is states like Idaho that have muzzleloaders in a short range classification, you add scopes and the likes of bullets advertised on TB�s site and you no longer have any more of a short range weapon then a 30.06 or a 270 .IMO
TB isn�t pushing this subject because he cares about the general hunting public be that traditional or modern . He is pushing because he has a stake in this fight .

He also doesn�t tell you the whole story . for instance that Idaho will alow you to use a scope in muzzleloading , even a crossbow in archery . All you have to do is get a medical waver from any doctor .
Not only will your license be cheaper as a handycap hunter but it opens a whole new set of laws and tags .

Any way basicly I wanted to say when I heard of your reply here .
Kooodoos to Pedersoli for standing up and saying what many modern and traditional shooters have been saying all along
And randy , while I always see a slant to your words and frankly take everything for the money that�s behind it .
i never exspected to read writing like that above with your name on it .
tell me someone else wrote it and forged your name