That slippery slope was fell down along time ago .
Those of us like myself who lobbied for the seasons did not have the for sight to name what we wanted as traditional or primitive .

while some of us converted centre fires way before the invent of what is called to day modern muzzleloaders never thought the time would come when people would actual feel that those weapons would be accepted as muzzleloaders even though they obviously loaded from the muzzle

That slippery slope is slid down every year when the modern shooter accepted more and more technologies into as area that IMO they truly know those technologies don�t belong .

States slip down the slope as well because they don�t look around at whats happening and make changes .
Some states as wakeman and his lot rightly say , never had a traditional season . Their seasons were established well after the modern inline of to day came along . They called those seasons muzzleloading .

While at the same time we who got muzzleloading season established well before the invent of the modern inline also called those season muzzleloading yet for a completely different set of principles and reasons ..

I have seen a lot of changes in my day come to hunting . Growing up it wasn�t a sport it was something we did because we needed to .
Hunters in general had a very good reputation even among the general population . That good reputation doesn�t hold true anymore .
Camps were most always friendly , conservation officers were viewed as information sources and welcomed with a cup of coffee and even a dinner plate if the time was right when they showed up .
My father never ever carried a gun while on duty , he didn�t need to .
My mother and I regularly road with him .
How much do you see that way anymore ?

We used to up untell not to long ago display out take for all to see . People would wave . If you were filling up with gas folks would come and congratulate ya .

Folks now days have to cover things up for many reason .

Folks like wakeman here and bridges are fond of saying that the majority rule . When in fact that�s never been the case in this country . The majority that rules is the majority of those who speak out .

In another 20 30 years if the antis finally decide that they have enough of those people will you set back an let it happen ?
When that same vocal majority wants your gun will you turn a blind eye ?
Will you accept that same majority rule that blindly places their valued opinions of the law In your lap , your grand kids lap.

I think many of you all here will be saying the same thing you hear those of us saying now .
I believe you will be asking the same ; why cant you people see the difference , why cant you see the original intent , why , surly you must understand .

Naaa im sorry that slippery slop was started long ago and IMO we will continue to slide down it until we realize that . Take a step back and evaluate what it is we are doing and why .

I will tell you . My father and others like him worked hard to help establish a muzzleloading season here in Idaho . I and many other have as well . Its been a long hard row to hoe from those first small seasons up north . I even spoke for acceptance of the modern weapons when they first came out.
But what we have now , whats being passed off and pushed .
As much as it aggravates me to say , I would turn my efforts to backing a complete removal of all that we have done over the last 30+ years . Extend the general season for a few days for those who want just more time .

Personaly I think to many simply hope that those pushing the modern techno will come around and see they go to far . . IMO that�s not going to happen as long as the folks in the for front are people like wakeman and bridges who stand for nothing more then a profit and can get others to see nothing wrong in their words .

Again that�s just my opinions

Last edited by captchee; 10/15/06.

[Linked Image]