The comparision of inlines to centerfires is likewise absurd, and easily disprovable.

Anyone who things that all Omega or Encore hunters are bad hunters, poor sportsman, etc., are bigots or worse.

Same for the casual dismal of Knight fans, Savage fans, H & R fans, White fans. Same for automatic characterizations of "center fire hunters" as all being evil, incompetent, or just nasty people. Mere ownership of equipment indicates nothing-- does anyone believe a more expensive car makes you a better driver?

If a hunter is hunting legally, to criticize that hunter due to his or her personal equipment choice regardless of what it is is irrational, and worthy of great disdain.

It is hardly the milk of human kindness to attack fellow hunters, legal hunters-- when everyone knows there are those that would prohibit hunting altogether and firearm ownership altogether.

I can't find much to argue with here, except the first point. And I'm not sure if your remarks are directed to me, but since your reply was directed to me, I'll assume they were and reply.

First, to clarify, I never said I looked down on hunters with in-lines, Encore hunters, Omega hunters, Savage hunters, Knight hunters, or any of those. And I never attacked fellow hunters. To imply otherwise is disingenuous, an attempt to change the subject and avoid the real issues raised. Hell, I own two T/C in-lines and hunt with an Encore.

From my first post, what I said was: "I don't care if someone wants to shoot an ML with smokeless, sabots, and a scope. I just think their proper place is in the general firearms season. Or in places where there are too many deer and they need to be thinned."

No picking on other hunters, no derogatory remarks about how others want to hunt. So let's be clear about the issue, again from my first post:

"Special seasons."

The issue is special seasons, and what types of weaponry are appropriate for a season where the hunter is given an advantage.

I have some strong opinions on the subject, and I've outlined them pretty clearly.

On your first point, a comparison of in-lines to centerfires is not "disprovable" in and of itself. Now, if someone wants to say that an in-line is the equivalent of a centerfire, that would be absurd and disprovable. No one here has said that though.

What isn't "disprovable" is that there is a continuum of effectiveness and range from traditional muzzleloaders using traditional propellants and projectiles up to modern scoped centerfire rifles. What isn't disprovable is that today's most advanced muzzleloaders are somewhere in the middle of that continuum.

What's debatable (not "disprovable") is whether modern scoped muzzleloaders shooting smokeless powder and modern saboted bullets should be allowed in the special early seasons that were originated for hunters using weapons that put them at a disadvantage.

So let's be clear about the issues here--no one said modern muzzleloaders were bad.

No one is being "discriminated against."

And your last line "when everyone knows there are those that would prohibit hunting altogether and firearm ownership altogether" is a real red herring. This is a discussion by hunters and among hunters about the best way to regulate our sport. Nothing more. To raise that issue is just blowing more smoke.

A wise man is frequently humbled.