Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm trying to come to grips with the Muslim mentality as well

I was thinking this morning - what religion has people believing they should blow themselves up taking out as many people as possible in the process

and I'm trying to differentiate that from peaceful Muslims who believe that Muslims cannot kill innocents.

But then I think about Christianity - and blowing up abortion clinics , killing abortion doctors, protesting at funerals of soldiers - and no one within Christianity (or outside for the most part) believes that all of Christianity should be lumped in with these extremists.

That said, it makes no sense whatsoever to increase your chances of a domestic terrorist attack by allowing thousands of muslims who really have no desire to assimilate and are only escaping war to relocate in your country.

Regarding your comparison of "Christians" (and I use that term very loosely) that kill abortion doctors or protest at funerals. Yes we denounce that and I refuse to call them Christians. Add to that the fact that the Bible forbids murder and we are commanded to love our enemies.

Compare that to the Koran that commands the death of infidels. Therein lies the reason that so called moderate Muslims don't speak out in anger regarding these types of attacks. In essence, the commands of their holy book are followed by members of their faith and they get to live their lives as if nothing happened and complain about islamaphobia. Someone is doing the legwork that all of them are commanded to do even if they all don't decide to blow themselves up.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29