Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm trying to come to grips with the Muslim mentality as well

I was thinking this morning - what religion has people believing they should blow themselves up taking out as many people as possible in the process

and I'm trying to differentiate that from peaceful Muslims who believe that Muslims cannot kill innocents.

But then I think about Christianity - and blowing up abortion clinics , killing abortion doctors, protesting at funerals of soldiers - and no one within Christianity (or outside for the most part) believes that all of Christianity should be lumped in with these extremists.

That said, it makes no sense whatsoever to increase your chances of a domestic terrorist attack by allowing thousands of muslims who really have no desire to assimilate and are only escaping war to relocate in your country.

You should not even hint at any equivalence between the two religions if you want to make an accurate and even handed statement. And I don't think you meant to.

But the numbers of these "Christians" who did these outrageous things is infinitesimally small compared to the jihadists, and the number of abortion doctors murdered is even at a greater disparity with the number of people worldwide that radical Islamists have murdered.

Nor do Christians circumcise, suppress, and stone women, rape little boys as a part of their culture, and follow a book that condones a totalitarian caliphate under Shar'ia law. In fact Christians founded the first hospitals, promoted higher education, and raised women from third class citizens, from some place just behind goats.

To your final point, the incidents in Paris show that a terrorist can and will come in as a refugee and this president has done nothing,..nothing, over the last seven years to make one think they could believe him when he says they will be adequately screened.

I think James Buchanaan is finally relieved in his grave...as he has been supplanted as this nation's worst president. This guy can't even act presidential.

There is no equivalence in my statement - I'm trying to point out that Christians don't claim extremists who say they are acting on Christian beliefs and I'm trying to gather if Muslims on the whole reject extremists who say they are acting on Muslim beliefs.

Look at it this way. I think the culture has pretty much turned into a sewer. Say I go off my rocker and decide to get all my Christian buddies together and kill all the abortionists, atheists, secularists, rappers, crappers, liberals, and all other various and sundry ne'er do wells and establish a Christian theocracy where we "do things God's way". I have a problem. I CANNOT point to chapter and verse in the teachings of Jesus Christ while I try and raise my army. He pretty much taught the exact opposite of what I want to do. Most of my potential recruits can read. I either wind up in jail or marginalized like Westboro.

If I am a mythical "moderate Muslim" who wants my people to get along with the rest of the world I AM THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM! The so called "radicals" are the ones who can get a Koran and point chapter and verse to support what THEY are doing and are likely to tell me to get with the program if I want to keep my head. My personal opinion is that "moderate muslims " are either scared, sympathetic to the radicals, or hamstrung by their own doctrine which supports the "radicals" whom I prefer to call "orthodox". I view them as a typical American Christian Sunday morning pew sitter. They don't have the depth of faith to live like Mother Theresa but they sure think she was a swell gal. Do the people in Mosques all over the country view Bin Laden that way? Good chance of it IMO, otherwise they would not be in a Mosque.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn