Originally Posted by David_Walter

I really don't even carry my beloved J-frame that much any more, opting for a Glock 43 or Glock 26.

Any gun is better than no gun. But if you're going armed, why not go well armed?

Derringer = non-starter to me.

I agree completely, and that is one reason why when I am not carrying my duty gun, I run my G19.

The funny thing is not that long ago someone made a smart remark about why a couple of us chose to carry high cap guns and spare mags. They said that where we were was a small town where nothing ever happens.

What made it funny was that we were waiting for a significant shipment of narcotics to come into this same small town and the players that were involved were long time mexican organized crime types. I had to bite my tongue.

The world has changed, criminals/terrorists are substantially better armed, have access to body armor, are more technically proficient, may have received formal training in trade craft, and many see no issue in dying for their cause.

The days of a model 10 Smith and a nice piece of hickory being sufficient for virtually any situation are long gone.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com