I have a CZ 452, a Ruger American Rimfire, and a Cooper 57M Jackson Hunter. I have a good selection of hunting grade 22 l.r. and match grade l.r., I have tried all of it in the three of them and the Cooper is the best grouping rifle, but it is not inexpensive, the CZ 452 groups almost as well as the Cooper and the RAR groups are generally about twice as large as those by the Cooper and CZ.

With the ammo they like the best five shot groups at 50 yds groups from the Cooper are right around 3/8 inch, the CZ is more in the 1/2 inch range and the RAR runs around 3/4 inch. So yes there is some difference between them but any of the three will hit what I am shooting at. These groups are with medium grade match ammo, with hunting grade ammo groups will open up another 1/4 inch or so with occasional flyers.

I did put a Yodave trigger kit in the CZ, and if it had a better trigger I believe it would hang in with my Cooper for grouping. The RAR, I changed out trigger springs and it is better but for some reason it just doesn't feel right, I have spent quite a bit of time playing with it but can't get it to feel right, I suspect it is a matter of stock design, the size of my hands and angle it forces my trigger finger to assume.

This is a long winding way of saying that IMO the best value out there is a CZ 452, I have read too many bad things about the 455 to have confidence in it but I have never handled or shot one so take that opinion for what it is worth.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.