Originally Posted by fourbore
No. I think for the price of a 77/22 the Anschutz 64 sporters are better guns. Better finish and quality. A little more money. Now, if some one takes the exact price of a 455 and sets that as an arbitrary limit then the choice is pretty much set with that artificial limit.

There are some good deals on used Anschutz or Savage-Anschutz. The later is exact same gun with Savage as importer.

I got a closeout deal on an Anschtz sporter for $850 from Cabelas. I image it will take a lot of shopping to match that again, if ever. You cannot compare the finish and quality to a 455 or a 452 for that matter.

The 455 is a significant down grade from the 452, IMHO. I would take the time, how ever long, to get a 452 or better yet a 453. The 453 was a special gun. That is is you had to have a CZ. The Brno No1 is another nice gun that turns up pretty regularly - if you look. Well, if you really want a Ruger 77/22 those can be found too.

If shopping around or time delay are out of the question, then a new Anschutz is the best of the medium class rim fires.

I would prefer a 54 action Anschutz,but I've never seen one under about $1300 even used. The 64 action Annie is finished better and has better wood but mine doesn't group any better than my CZ 453. I would agree that the 453 is the cream if you can get one.