I'm not trying to speak for Cisco or anyone else here but I wanted to.comment.

I'm new to CZ's, but for $395 I bought a new 455 Lux with very good not great open sights, good not great blue, extra nice walnut and a good not great trigger, that shoots very well (but doesn't like any of the HV ammo I've tried so far). I would say that all the compliments (accuracy, quality, trigger) and criticisms (slightly rough bolt travel, trigger take up, bolt handle/scope interference) have been accurate. Its a very solid and good looking sporter that shoots remarkably well, and I feel that it was well worth my money. Especially for a rifle built to a modest price point.
I would love to see a more deluxe version with deeper blueing, a trigger that doesn't make you want to "fix" it, a bolt that glides like its on bearings, and better options for mounting a scope. I can fix 2 of those things by buying an American and doing something about the trigger myself. The other two things are kinda trivial. Maybe I'll buy one of the new Stainless Americans if they ever show up knock the thin blueing off the list too.

To me, they occupy a place in the market between all the basic Savage/Marlin/Rugers out there and the "high end" .22's but are priced closer to the basic guns. I'm glad that I spent the extra money on mine. If I had bought a Savage or a Ruger it would probably get traded somewhere down the road for something that caught my eye. I don't see that happening with the CZ, which probably explains why I practically never see used ones for sale in my state.

Just food for thought

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....