Originally Posted by cznut
Theres not much difference if any in the accuracy between the 455 and the 452 that I own and have owned, its luck of the draw when your talking about sub 500.00 rifles I have had bad ones and good ones accuracy wise in both models. I am a big fan of CZ's as you can tell by the nickname but anyone who says or thinks they are as accurate as the Anschutz rifles is dreaming

My thoughts exactly on the accuracy. There is more when you talk bang for buck. Bang covers alot of ground. Or else Ruger American might be a clear winner.

For the 452 vs 455, that is primarily the design features and finish. I wrote my 2c summary on another forum.

Points of the 452

1. Some 452 rifles such as many/most/or all Americans have a better metal poilish and deep blue
2. 452 Tapered barrel, beautiful profile just like a centerfire rifle
3. Bottom metal made specific for either 22LR or magnun, no ugly plastic spacer as found on 455
4. Guide lug on bolt for smoooth feeding and extra insurance, not to say needed but nice,class and quality
5. The barrel is threaded for rock solid attachment
6. Some or older 452 came with real steel magazines.
7. The 453, a different bolt and action was a cousin of the 452 using a single set trigger. Also discontinued. The best of the best.

Features of 455
1. all 455 barrels and stock interchange within obvious limitations of heavy varmint in american stock, simplify life (more profit) for CZ
2. Torque on the barrel/action screws should be checked on new guns or either the barrel maybe too loose or too tight the action can be sprung
3. Head space can be marginal on some factory new guns, (due to new 455 mfg method). according to our forum gunsmith members.
That is barrel and action finished separately and not as a unit.
4. Plastic magazine, yes you can step on it
5. Ugly plastic spacer seen from the bottom metal side on 22LR models. The 17/22 mag fills the space with a longer magazine.
6. The 455 will accept the new CZ fly trigger, which is an honest plus and the only good in my opinion