I rarely use a safety but the CZ 452 safety actually seems a bit more intuitive than the "push-forward" to fire safeties. It is the same motion as pulling back the hammer on a lever gun or the hammer on a pistol when you are preparing to shoot. If someone is challenged by something as simple as a different operating safety I am not sure they should be trusted with a firearm.

Firearms I have owned with different safeties -

FN Mauser with the safety mounted on the left side of the bolt shroud, vertically operated, it was up for safe for safe and down for fire.

Ruger 10/22 and some shotguns - safety is mounted on the trigger guard and is pushed sideways for safe and fire.

Semi-auto pistols, some are pushed down to take off safe and some are push up to take off safe.

Savage 99, small safety that was mounted next to the lever and engaged the lever.

Kimber rifles, some were two position safties that had to be pushed forward, some were three position safties that had to be pushed forward.

Win 70, and later Ruger 77, three position safties that have to be pushed forward but the Ruger a lot more so because it swings so far to the rear.

Almost forgot - tang safeties - some of them are two position and some are three position, one must be careful to move them all the way forward.

I had a Mannlicher-Schonauer carbine that had a bolt shroud safety and a side-mounted trigger block safety - that apparently would really confuse some folks.

They all seem to work, they are just different but folks seem to use them all without issue. So why does the CZ seem to trouble so many folks - just something to complain about?

edited to add:
I had forgotten about the M-14 safety that is in the front of the trigger guard, it is pushed back and forward with the trigger finger.

Also the M-16 is another example of a vertically operating safety but in a not so intuitive place.

It is a wonder that anyone could ever adapt to using them. LOL

drover

Last edited by drover; 04/25/17.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.