Originally Posted by fourbore
No. I think for the price of a 77/22 the Anschutz 64 sporters are better guns. Better finish and quality. A little more money. Now, if some one takes the exact price of a 455 and sets that as an arbitrary limit then the choice is pretty much set with that artificial limit.

There are some good deals on used Anschutz or Savage-Anschutz. The later is exact same gun with Savage as importer.

I got a closeout deal on an Anschtz sporter for $850 from Cabelas. I image it will take a lot of shopping to match that again, if ever. You cannot compare the finish and quality to a 455 or a 452 for that matter.

The 455 is a significant down grade from the 452, IMHO. I would take the time, how ever long, to get a 452 or better yet a 453. The 453 was a special gun. That is is you had to have a CZ. The Brno No1 is another nice gun that turns up pretty regularly - if you look. Well, if you really want a Ruger 77/22 those can be found too.

If shopping around or time delay are out of the question, then a new Anschutz is the best of the medium class rim fires.

I don't know about that.
I got lucky and picked up one of the last 452's Whittakers had when they were closing them out for $359 last Nov.
It shoots a variety of semi match and hunting rounds into tiny little groups at 50yrds with a 4X scope.
Granted...it ain't an Annie but for a third the price it's a hell of a rifle and really is a no brainer.
Yea there's better rifles for more money/if you can find em but I doubt that a 455 will disappoint.
This is my third CZ rifle and I wish I had a safe full of em.

[Linked Image]