I am in almost the same boat minus 10 years but banged up from when I was an immortal kid and fond of doing stupid stuff for fun.

I would think about a light stock for the Ruger if you can ever warm up to being a Chubby Chaser. A Ruger can be slicked up nicely with a little honing and maybe some NP3 or other slick coating. I did this to a M70 Featherweight 270 WSM and really like it now ( it didn't need the coating ).

I also like my Forbes and CLR/NULA both handle nicely. But one thing that comes with being a Geezer in addition to lower stamina are two other PITA things that can happen. Your tolerance for recoil may drop and your hold may not be as steady as it was when you were younger. Combine this with less sharp eyesight and a medium weight rifle may be a better choice than a real fly weight. Just my thought everyone is different.

All of the given choices are good but I would drop down to a .308 rather than the 30-06 just in case the other old timers conditions set in later.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli