Well, I'm 79 and while I still use 8 to 8.5 pound rifles most of the time, I've gone to a Winchester M70 Featherweight in 7x57 for most of my hunting. I can load it up to 7-08 velocity without any problem and the rifle is light enough that it doesn't break down my arches in the field. The rifle has proven accurate with just about everything I've run through it. I'm also playing with a Ruger #1A in 7x57 plus a custom FN Mauser I have put together a few years back. Both of those rifles are also in 7x47. The ruger is probably 7.5 pounds andd the Mauser I'd guess a bit over eight pounds. I'd guess the M70 is 7 pounds even as it is the lightest of the three.
I do have a custom Steyr Mauser in .308 that was an experiment on how light I could go. Five pounds even with scope, sling and full magazine. Hardest gun I have ever shot regarding accuracy. Just can't hold it still. Too light for sure.
I also have a Danzig Mauser that was rebarreled by P.O. Ackley in .270 that must not weigh more than 6, maybe 6.5 pounds. A real pre-war style Mauser than needs the proper scope mount to make complete. Otherwise my gunsmith will have to fill in eight screw holes and a large hole on the rear receiver ring before he can properlu drill and tap for a modern scope rig. Then do a new bolt handle and put a scope usable safety on the gun. My guess would be maybe 7 to 7.5 pounds when done. Many dollars to accomplish. Wonder if I'll live long enough to get that job done.
Oh well, my money'd on the M70 Feathereight in 7x57. I do have a Pachmeyr pad on mine for my wife's comfort for when she was able to hunt with me. My other Featherweight in in .257 Roberts. Love 'em both.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE