verhoositz - sounds like you've been through it. Sorry for your troubles. My wife has tried to get me to use the VA, but that's an "over my dead body" deal. My point was a general one. I've had a couple of the surgeries you talk about, right front trapezoid, under the collar bone. I'm lucky though, just a little asymmetry. Anyway, my point was that most folks could benefit by getting in shape and then carry whatever rifle they want. I also hunt with a BAR and it's not light. I can hump it all over the place all day long. There are people a lot older than me at my gym; my trainer works with a married couple who are 85 & 83 years old. I see them there, working hard and looking surprisingly good. I see guys in wheelchairs, guys missing limbs, etc. I've also gotten myself completely off blood pressure meds, by going to the gym 3-4 times a week and leaving everything right there. I had several TIAs and a heart attack, all while under a "doctor's" care. I'm done with that crap. Getting in shape and eating clean fixed all of that and I don't take any prescription meds. So, don't write yourself off. I still think you could surprise yourself. Oh, and I still recommend the Wby ULW, perhaps in a standard caliber, like 7mm-08. A pound lighter and still has that great stock. Not a bad looking rifle either.