Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by gunner500
I have no formal training, but does staying completely committed to a threat with your weapon on target and firing count for anything, or is it all mostly tactically trained maneuvering and mindset?

If not I best find a class.

Not directing this at anyone, but: my grandmother can do this, it just takes her longer.

flash sight picture, and press do not use the analytical, mind, decision, pull, ----the later takes to long. The commitment is in the flash sight picture. The aggressor has already taken two and the gun is/should be repositioned for the next encounter.

Civilian techniques are far different form than police and military. They do a bunch of other stuff because of policy, communications etc.

if you haven't already shot the aggressor, holding them at gunpoint is risky, (fatigue, hair triggers, multiple aggressors, tunnel concentration. etc)
the slowest part of the presentation is the "sock on" whereas moving the gun from the chest, straight out , sight picture , press occurs in tenths of sec.
mean while your consciousness can remain on the situation.

moving the gun with the eye on the sights, through any arc, up and down is counter productive

Should have said firing "accurate hits" counting for anything, I don't have a clue what the term techniques you mentioned above even mean, as far covering a downed aggressor, if I was convinced he was down for good, I'd immediately check parking lot, aisles etc for a backup compadre in crime while yelling for other un-armeds to get down, wouldn't know what else to do, but do know that is all somehow built in survival fight/defend muscle memory.

Trump Won!