Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Yondering
Blue - you mention par times of 2 seconds, etc. Is that from concealment, or race gun holsters? Carry ammo or light game gun ammo?

I tried the Bill Drill yesterday, starting from concealment with hands at my sides I wasn't able to get below 2.40 seconds, probably need to work on drawing faster because that was most of the time. Splits were ~.20 give or take a little. Thoughts?

It's the standard given to me to use from a no-retention kydex holster. Standard ammo. Some of the 115grain factory ammo I've had wasn't strong enough to use in competition. For drills like this it won't make much, if any, difference.

.2 splits puts you at a 1.4 draw...? That's pretty quick from concealment, at least it would be for me. I'd be looking at your splits. What are you shooting?

Getting your draw down to a 1.2ish and splits to .17ish gets you real close.

Thanks man, good info.

I'm shooting either of a pair of G19 pistols, one with an RMR and one without. Times are equal with both. Ammo is handloads but essentially +P 115gr. I haven't been practicing my draw in a while, and could definitely work on that. You're right on the draw time, ~1.4-1.5 seconds.

Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Then aim the gun at the target, focus your eyes entirely on the target (no sight focus at all), and fire the last six rounds at that same pace. With a good grip and assuming you're not shooting some sort of crazy hot round you'll probably put all six rounds in the A box.

That's exactly how I shoot when I'm going fast. The pistol, hands, and arms act as one unit, aiming is done with arms & torso. I do practice that kind of shooting, but have very little competition experience.