Well, Blue, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I base mine on my own experiences, that means mistakes I made while doing it for real and those made by others. The other thing is I don't feel the need to do a lot training. But certain basics are needed to be maintained. They are to avoid target fixation, i.e. "keep shooting him until he goes down," and two, make sure you actually hit him where it will get the job done.
This idea of aimed fire was not taught back when I got into law enforcement. At 7 yds, we shot from the hip, reloaded (I guess it was assumed the bad guy would hold his fire) and shot six more. You concentrated on emptying your gun on the bad guy to stop him..... Bitter experience taught us this didn't work at times. Then came the idea of a double tap as fast as you could draw and shoot. That's fine, as long as it worked. But, again, experience showed that when in a big hurry, too many missed what they shot at when it came time to do it for real. But LAPD's training for focusing on the front sight, slowed them down and improved accuracy. That's why they have the best survival rate among the big law enforcement agencies. They hit what they need to hit.
My last point is that the odds are good that anybody one goes against may well be pumped on drugs or nuts. If that's the case, a body hit, even with a .44 Magnum, may not do the job. You need to be prepared to do a head shot. E