Originally Posted by Etoh
most civilian self defense isn't complicated, its usually one on one at short distances. Mental mindset must include "don't underestimate the craziness of the aggressor" who knows they may been practicing Tae Kwon Doo kicking techniques for the last 4 years while they were in reform school.

and as yu mention there is always one more guy than the ones you see

movement shooting includes hitting stationary targets while you move, and moving targets while you are stationary. Try to rig a rail, higher on one end that allows a round plate to roll down it. Now do it with you and it moving.

If I where involved in a multiple aggressor I would be more afraid of being shot by "friendlys ". As a civilian I will use the weapon to remove myself from the area.

Room/building clearing is police/military stuff not good for civilians. Usually handled better by explosives.
I agree with much you say here. My room clearing example was just that, not a suggestion that people take room clearing classes. However, all the skills you learn in room clearing can be applied to the concrete jungle; cover, concealment, and movement.