Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I must admit that when I accidentally ended up with three chick roosters (cockerels), I got a kick out of watching them squaring off to each other and going at it as they grew up. I eventually got rid of them only because I already had a rooster and didn't need three trouble makers in the flock, and that's what you get when you have more than one rooster. But till then, it was entertaining watching them going at it with each other. Of course, I never took it to the next step of attaching razors to their spurs, so none of them were actually harmed in the matches. None of them had yet to even develop spurs, in fact. But it's deep in their natures to fight each other.

Reminds me of when we once had chickens, our rooster wouldn't let the cockerels hang with the flock while running around the property. I was waiting for them to get a bit larger to eat them. Never got the chance, they were forced to roost outside the coop and the owls got them at night or the hawks during the day.

The were fun to watch tho, sometimes they would think about testing our rooster. Not a good idea!

Geno

Bantam roosters are even better. They are the honey badgers of the chicken world.

Yep, ours was a little red guy!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?