Originally Posted by Valsdad
Doc,
I had forgotten about their bloodlines. They certainly aren't "beeves" that's for sure.

Different critters, different cultures, different opinions.

Ain't the world grand!

Geno

PS I wonder if some on here know what other cultures think of our North American and USA culture in particular. I've heard there are some cultures that think we are weird because we choose to eat rotten milk (cheese and yogurt and such). Among other things.

Yeah, Geno, it's almost funny sometimes, reading the bullheaded (pun most definitely intended!) posts of many of our compadres here on the 'Fire. Starman's screed this morning, for example: no real attempt to engage AZ's position at all, he simply asserts and reassert of what he believes as if that is a form of argument. Similar to the Monty Python "I'd Like To Have an Argument" sketch.

Again, most of the anti-bullfight members fail to see the self-contradiction in their position. They are conservative, if not outright libertarian... they want government (and anyone who disagrees with them, to be truthful) to butt out of their business, but they have no problem butting their big ol' noses into somebody else's, especially if it's some damn foreigner's business. Murica, y'know.

If I was the sort of feller who wishes for stuff (as opposed to working for stuff, which is mostly how I go), I'd wish we would revamp our education system to restore old-school subjects like Civics (which would address the rampant ignorance of philosophy and Rule of Law in our society), hard sciences (which would quash the global warmists and anti-vaxxers, etc), and History (not just American, but World History), which would reduce the need to try to explain historical, cultural context on the 'Fire.

But then the 'Fire would likely be a lot less entertaining...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars