We've had "good" roosters and "bad" roosters. They were all hand raised and well socialized but some wanted to chase my wife who takes care of all the chicken chores daily. They never bothered me because I'd punt the cock into the next county when they tried it with me. I came home from the store one day to find the shotgun out action open. Apparently my wife was in no mood to be chased by the little cock and she decided that enough is enough and blew the roosters head off. She bagged him up and I turned him into a full pot of Dungeness crab. A whole feathered chicken guts and all is the best crab bait I've ever fished if left to sit longer than 24 hours. The pot was so full I don't think another crab would'a fit in it.

We lost a good rooster a week ago in an unprovoked eagle attack. 😁 This damn eagle found that hunting live chickens provided 3 days of food for her chicks. Every 3 days she'd come back and take another chicken. I finally added some cover and better protection for them and haven't had a casualty since. I chased the eagle off one day and it dropped the chicken into the bushes. That poor chicken wasn't hurt bad but was lying on its back upside down in the bushes in shock. Chickens are funny and they provide hours of entertainment, eagles are a PIA around here especially when they've got a couple of chicks to feed.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~