I can't say that the 338 is easier to shoot IMHO, but it sure isn't much different.

I like the 338 bore better than the 300 when its all said and done. Can't quantify that in any real way though. I've made longer shots with a 338. I"ve shot more accurate guns in 338.

As to 7mm penetrating deeper, could be, but erractic non straightline penetration vs a 338 from the times I've shot them, bothered me. Some. Granted all I have is 7/300 wtby mag to compare with though, no 7 Rem Mag. I have shot some really accurate 7 rem mags but 7mms over 7/08 were known to have fliers in longer shots by a well known competitor, and they were not seen much on the ranges.

But then bottom line if its 300/338 its about like 308/30-06. Both extremely close, but at the end of the day you can't deny a bit more powder or a slightly larger bullet would ever hurt a situation.

Said from someone that shoots most of his deer size game these days out to 200 max, with a 194 30 cal at about 950 fps...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....