Originally Posted by beretzs
I have taken elk/deer with both the 338 Win, 35 Whelen and a few different 300's. With great bullets I haven't seen anything that shows me the 338 does any better than the 300's. Saying that, I love the 338, but honestly I really like the 338 with the 200/210 class of bullets. Don't gain a darned thing over a 300 with a 200, but it does work well and usually whomps elk pretty hard. Going to try the 210 Swift's this year in my 338, just to try something a little different.

Scotty, I'm with you and our buddy gunner on this one. I don't think there's a hill of beans difference between a good 300 magnum running 200gr. partitions and a 338wm running a good 210,225 or even 250gr pill. Those bullets are just going to plow through elk, stem to stern and hammer the fu ck out of them. However, I'm like you and love my 338wm. It's accurate, it's light, it's reliable and well balanced and easy to carry. If you can shoot a big rifle well, there's no reason not to use it. Pick either one, stuff it with partitions and you'll be golden.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA