Originally Posted by MILES58
Periodically I see these threads and people pee down their leg about poor performance of this bullet or that one. With the Barnes, I have a sample base of right on 100 killed animals in calibers from .223 to 50 Muzzle loader and I have yet to see the first questionable wound. I did see a few deer not bleed a trackable quantity of blood, something that a person has to expect once in a while when you blow up the heart or take out the vessels above the heart. But... Those deer just do not go very far. ZERO lost deer. Out of A few dozen deer I killed, more than 1/3 tttand maybe 40% dropped where they stood. Some by design, some just because. I think 70 yards was the longest run, and that was from a deer with it's heart completely destroyed and no functioning lung tissue since the upper lungs were completely destroyed. The difference I see killing deer with monos vs cup and core is from either the cup and core coming undone or being deflected after impact. I have seen no difference between Barnes, E-Tips and GMXs. I have seen no difference between Barnes Xs, TSXs and TTSXs. And, while we are at it, I have seen no definitive signs from the deer as they depart that I can say tells me the deer was hit well or not hit at all. Missed deer can and do run away without flagging and deer that make it 30-50 yards have flagged right up until they ht the ground. I have spent more that two hours searching for blood without finding a single drop all the while having zero doubt that Bambi was dead somewhere nearby.

There is a very great deal of difference between the people standing behind the rifle. The is an equally large difference between the people behind the deer after the shot. IMO, that's a whole lot more significant than any difference between bullets as long as the bullet is even marginally adequate to the job at hand.

I hear you and your confidence about how you go about your business. Let me tell you that you ain't the only one to kill stuff nor be half educated about bullets or killing [bleep]....

You can yap all you want about your bullet. You shouldn't be so committed. It ain't worth it. I'm here to tell you that bullets and game performance of said bullets are a fickle bitch...

There's no poor performance of the TTSX, there's just better. Don't post [bleep] about how many more deer you've killed. There's always folks who scoff at it, including me...

You damn Barnes folks sure are sensitive. It's kind of funny....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.