My hunting party has no experience with E-Tips or GMX. (I've had a box of GMX on my shelf for a couple years now, just never got around to loading any.) We do have experience with X, TSX, MRX, TTSX and LRX.

The X bullets were very inconsistent in the my 7mm RM, the only rifle I tried them in. After shooting coyotes and one unfortunate antelope with them, I quickly abandoned them. When the TSX came along, I found it to be very accurate in the several rifles I tried it in but I could never bring myself to use them on game due to the X experience. The tipped MRX changed that. It proved to be very accurate and effective, as has its successor, the TTSX. My group has yet to recover an MRX or TTSX. No animal shot with them has run far and at latest count right at half have dropped straight down. Those that ran have not made it as far as some shot with other bullet types.

Our sample numbers with the tipped Barnes are too small to be definitive but far larger than with the original X bullet, which started failing from the start. We've driven MRX (I still have a few) and TTSX lengthwise through mule deer and have yet to recover one. TTSX performance on antelope (.257"/100g to .308"/168g) has been very good, in spite of initial concerns about them being too small for optimum performance.

At this point I don't see any particular need to change to or try E-Tip or GMX, although I'm sure they work. Similarly, the now available Trophy Bonded Tip and Edge TLR, while interesting in concept, will probably have a long wait to get tried. Just not seeing a reason to change away from something that works as well as the MRX, TTSX and LRX have been doing.

My group is not completely lead-free, probably never will be. Leaded bullets/ammo we use includes WW PowerPoint; North Fork SS and a prototype HP; Nosler AccuBond, Ballistic Tip and Partition; Hornady SST; and Speer Grand Slam - plus a variety of SP, FP and hardcast in the levers and handguns. More and more, though, we're headed in the lead-free direction. I seen no significant downside and with my grandkids growing up hardly knowing what beef tastes like, anything I can do to keep them lead free is a bonus.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.