Originally Posted by jeffbird
The TTSX's have provided very consistent and effective results for the last few seasons on deer and pigs, and they now are my go to choice for a hunting bullet.
Are the E-tips as good, better, or worse than the TTSX's?
Hard to find any real first hand reports of folks using the E-tip, so thought someone here might have some reports.
Thanks.

I made a side by side comparison of Nosler's 90gr ETip versus Barnes 80gr TTSX during a cull hunt in Namibia. Rifle was a Blaser K95 chambered for the 6x62R Freres, a cartridge with almost identical performace to the 240WBY. Twist was 1:10".

I found:

-Both bullets were equally accurate
-Both killed much better at closer distances and higher impact speeds
-The ETip would expand to a broader frontal surface and my thought is that it penetrates less, produces a wider wounding channel, and is a better killer. My non conclusive thought, though.
-Of both you would just be left with a small shank if you hit the humerous of blue wildebeest, oryx or red hartebeest.
-None would stop in a Springbuck regardless the point of impact, angle, and distance.

Here is a picture taken from above where the wider frontal surface of the ETip (one at the right) is quite obvious.

[Linked Image]