Originally Posted by Bighorn
I shoot only Barnes 100 gr. TSX or TTSX bullets out of my .257 Wby, pushed at 3700 fps MV. I have never needed a second shot on anything, from coyotes up to and including elk. I also have never recovered one of these bullets from game, so I honestly can't tell you what the looked like, but I can tell you they kill things dead!

I don't have a .257 (yet) whistle but I shoot 150 gr. TSX out of my 99 in .308. I have yet to recover a Barnes from 50 to 150 yard. The last one at 50 yards was 1/4ing towards me right to left. Hit him in his left chest and exited behind his right leg/shoulder. He stood there like nothing happened. I almost put another round in him but waited. He took one step, then another, and finally what seemed like forever he dropped and did the death kick/spin. Went through both lungs and hit the heart. From what I can remember the exit wound was a perfect 4 pedal cross. I have not had any bad luck with the Barnes 150 TSX. That is all I shoot for deer or elk in my .308. Some areas in AZ are lead free so that is my choice of bullet for all of AZ.

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.