I shoot a 25 WSM. While on a New Zealand hunt I shot 36 head of game with the 100 TSX, at 3450 fps, a very accurate bullet in my rifle. The bullets performed poorer than I expected with pencil size exits. My hunting partner used an 06 and good old 150 grain Remington Core-loks and blew out big exit holes and all his game died right there. My best bull Tahr required five hits and finally died hanging off a cliff by a horn requiring a helicopter retrieval. I spoke with Barnes and they requested I send a sample of my bullets, which I did provide, but I didn't receive a reply. I switched to the old cup and core Hornady 100 grain Interlock and see much better performance and even better accuracy, Hornady has stopped making this bullet.

The 140 gr TSX worked great in my .284 on several deer and elk. The difference between the hole in the tip of the 25 caliber bullet is noticeably smaller than a 7 mm sample. I see the hole in the 25 caliber TTSX is even larger than my 7 mm TSX sample. I suspect Barnes addressed the failure to expand issue by increasing the hole size in the tip of the bullet.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein