Originally Posted by rost495
Sorry, but the only way I'd believe the 80s to be trash is by my own results.

The need for DRT crap is getting really to be a sore subject with me. You either hit CNS or you don't. Thats the ONLY way to be 100 percent of DRT.

Sore subject or not, I've shot plenty of deer square in both shoulders, not hitting spine, and 100% have dropped on the spot. That's not to say they were dead when they hit the ground. Some kicking or lifting head for a second or something. But over 1/2 of the deer I've shot through both shoulders, dropped on the spot, never got back up. Those were probably got hit in the spine by bullet or bone.

I will also say, all of the deer I've shot, not through both shoulders that ran, were also dead when I found them. None required another shot.

Several shot in one shoulder, ran 20-100 yards. One particularly large bodied buck was shot below the shoulder, but in the leg bone, hitting heart, then out other leg/elbow, ran about 30 yards.

I have had one doe that still baffles me on how long she lived. Shot behind the shoulder, in a perfect lung shot from a .257 R with 117gr Core-lokts. She was standing perfectly broadside, totally standing still, at 40 yards. At the shot she turned 180* and stood still again. I thought I missed. So, I shot again. At the shot, she turned 90* and trotted at me, but I knew I hit her with that shot. She saw me, veered around me, and stood. Stiffened up, and tipped over. She was still trying to get up, so I shot her in the neck.

When I got up to her, there were 4 holes behind her shoulders. 2 in, 2 out. Perfect lung shots, both of them. Sometimes, they just do weird stuff!

Camp is where you make it.