Originally Posted by MOGC
As a young 14 year old knucklehead I killed a six point buck with my Marlin M39A. I was squirrel hunting and the little buck fed on acorns at about forty yards. Iron sights, one CCI Mini Mag hollow point to the noggin and it was done. Damn was my dad pissed! A couple years ago while squirrel hunting with an aperture sighted M39A I saw a coyote cruising along about 85 yards down the creek bottom from me. I started lip squeaking and the coyote trotted to about 65 yards and pulled up broadside. I smacked him with an Eley hollow point and he hit the deck ki-ying sharply. At the ki-yi's another coyote swung into view and I lip squeaked that one to face me head on at 70 yards. One shot under the chin piled him up. A double on coyotes at about 70 yards through a thick timbered creek bottom one shot each with a peep sighted lever .22 LR ain't too shabby.

That's on-point work. I've missed a couple yotes squirrel hunting...

My best feats w. a .22 have involved seeing a squirrel waaaay out there waaaay up a tree, holding a little high, and watching it tumble. I confess to having puffed out my chest a time or two. Squirrel falling out of a tall tree never fails to thrill.