Thanks for the tip/reminder on the magnum primers.

I loaded up 20 rounds and switched from standard to a magnum primer...... the groups shrunk by 2/3's! I have never seen that much of an improvement with a change of primers. Getting just around an inch or a tad less with the magnum primers. with 180 grain Nosler Partitions. 58.5 grs. of Hunter is showing 2774 fps on the Magnetospeed. Pretty much the same accuracy and velocity with Hunter as 57.5 grs. of H4350.

I am off to Newfoundland next week. I won't have much time to fiddle with loads between now and then, but the load with Hunter may make the trip. I will be bringing a 30-06 Tikka as a backup rifle. Will be interesting to see how that load shoots out it.

I got both the 7-08 and the 1S 30-06 back from the gunsmith. Both triggers now break at a nice crisp 3.5 lbs. The forends have been rebedded and recoil pads added. Both rifles are shooting better now. Nothing definitive yet as I am still wringing them out on the range, but I am liking these two rifles more and more.

You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.