Originally Posted by HeavyLoad
Has anyone tried the Hicks #1 Accurizer?
I’m asking because I can not get my no1 338win mag to shoot a good group to save my life, it’s all over the place.
I had a Jard Trigger installed, I bought a 2.5 lb but after installing in measures at a consistent 1.5 lb.
I’ve tride 4 different bullets using Alliant 19. Nosler Partition 210gr, Nosler Accubond 225gr, & Hornady 225gr.
Would like to here some reviews before buying one.

Frankly, I would not waste my money on one.
And that opionion is based on shooting and tuning many No 1s and other similar single shots over the last 35 years.

The only thing the Hicks unit does is create a pressire point under the barrel. If your gun is shooting "all over the place" , then IMHO you have bigger problems than whether or not your barrel likes a pressure point.

Several things can cause such poor shooting-

1) Flinching. I owned a No 1S in .338 win mag 25 years ago. It was a BEAST to shoot from the bench. The short stiff No 1 buttstocks with their thru-bolts and brick like recoil pads absorb very little recoil. The kick like mules...Are you sure its not you?

2) Bad scope causing POI shifts. Change out the scope with a unit known ro be reliable on hard kicking guns.

3) Poor forend bedding. Make sure the three small bedding points on the forend hanger contact the stock properly and that the bedding point at the forend tip is solid with no side to side play. If there is- apply paste wax to the contact ateas on tge metalwork and afysr acori g and degreasing the stock bedding pounts- put a but of two part expoxy on them amd put the forend together as normal. BTW to make sure everything comes apart easily, do this in TWO parts. Do the forend hanger parts first only use a drip or two of expoxy on each contact point. Make sure any metal on the hanger or barrel that might have epoxy flow on to it gets paste waxed.