Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by RLTW
Fellas,

Some would say that I have enjoyed a pretty sporty life, but I can only say that I fear no man, damned few women but all Griz, and pissy blackies.

Some years back my buddy and I were up the creek, literally, moose hunting. in Alaska. Heard, then smelled one of the dish faced big boys we had seen from his Super Cub the day before.

Even though we both were humping .338's with 250 NP's, we both looked at each other's knees- we both thought it would be a lot easier to hit the other's knee than a Big Brownie mugging us from 10 feet on the other side of the Alder wall. Then reverted to training and wished we had some belt fed weapons.

Never saw that bear, and he let us pass, but anyone who thinks that they have a chance in hand to hand, or that they could get off a decent shot is fooling themselves.

B.S. Dave, you continue to flat out make me laugh.

Good for you; now, do pushups!

I have been close enough to hear and smell a Kodiak Brown and never saw him. It's damn scary.

Holy [bleep]!

i watched a show where these bow hunters were crawling through the red brush on a Griz track. It opened up to a creek and the bear was there and the dude shot it at like 18 yds.

The things was, they had NO idea where that bear was in that thick sh*t. It would be a rush but no thanks.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...